Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Over - Pants?

Go down 
+5
skierd
aaronhall555
cryptomundo
trav72
M1A Rifleman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
M1A Rifleman

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Can anyone recommend a set of over pants for riding? Over pants are those that you wear over soemthihng else - like jeans. I notice there are a few brands, but they don't look as good as others. I wonder if I can just get a set of regular riding pants a size or two larger to wear over?? It might be hot, but right now, it take hours for my legs to thaw out after riding 25 miles to work. scratch
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm

I had 2 pais of over pants. 1 mesh pair or summer and a solid textile pair for the cooler months. The first set I had we're Fieldsheer. They we're nice and worked well. I sold that set and bought some from Olympia. They were much nicer and lasted through many seasons.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I have the Revit Axis overpant and they work great for me .. they are light, easy to put on and off, decent protection (road and elements), and very comfortable. I had a mesh pair before (joe rocket phoenix) but did not like them at all.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:52 pm

I use the Tour Master Quest pants. Goes right over anything you're wearing and comes with foam hip pads and removable knee armor(moves around quite a bit thought). I've removed the knee armor and use some nice Fox racing knee/shin guards instead. The Quest pants are not vented, so in the peak of summer they get a bit hot. Also they are water proof, I've rode through some hard rain storms and have been stuck in some knee deep mud and come out bone dry. I bought mine from my dealer for around $70. After one one season I've noticed that the water proof layer/lining in the crotch area has torn(which makes for a nice vent LOL, but not so good for rain proof), mainly because I'm 5'8" and have to hike my leg over so high to get on the WRR at stock height.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Quest-Pant-p-255_4.html
Back to top Go down
skierd

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 pm

As long as its not too hot out, or you're not riding for terribly long if it is, the best overpants that I've had are the Aerostich A.D.1's. Easiest on and off, fit and feel the best on the bike to the point I don't even know they're there, and absolutely waterproof as in its-raining-so-hard-I-can't-see-the-road-but-damn-the-torpedo's-I-have-to-get-to-work waterproof. Once they break in and conform to your body, they feel tailor made. Make sure your jacket is actually waterproof and covers most of the fly and you're golden. Can't really beat gore-tex... These are *the* overpants to commute in. I've worn them into the teen's (with the fleece liner over jeans), and into the 90's with board shorts underneath.

My second choice otherwise, and first choice when its hot hot hot out, are the Olympia AirGlide's. The liner makes them amazingly versatile and is nice in that its actually waterproof for a decent duration of sustained rain. I would worry about their durability in a crash, but in mid summer I'm more worried about staying comfortable and having some additional protection.

My fieldsheers leaked mercilessly and were hotter than hell. My First Gear? HT Air's felt very flimsy and leaked as well. My rev'it rotor mesh pants (not overpants) tore badly at the knee in a parking lot low-side and had to be trashed and I've found for the money that Rev'It doesn't quite stack up as well in durability as I feel it should.

Last edited by skierd on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Klim Dakar you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Except that they're not overpants and aren't very warm. I froze in mine when it got below 45-50...
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Olympia Air Glide pants   Over - Pants? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

+ whatever for the Olympia Air Glide II pants. I wear mine year-round, average 5 days/week for the past 4 years - still going strong. At $200 a pair, it's some of the smartest money I've ever spent on motorcycle gear. The liner makes them versatile. I wear a size 36 to fit over my 35 waist, 34 inseam pants. They are designed to be easily shortened for shorter legs. (easy if you're a tailor).

Full-length leg zippers are the bomb - makes it easy to don and doff the pants while dressed and wearing boots. I have a brand new, never been worn pair hanging in the closet for when these finally wear out or I wreck 'em. That might sound weird, but I got 'em on close out because I can't imagine a better pair of MC over pants for my everyday use and didn't want to settle for anything else.

Every once in a while, I wash them in Tech Wash for Goretex and treat them with NikWax for Goretex. I recommend black unless you like to see how dirty your pants are.
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Hands down, Aerostich AD1. I looked at the rest and couldn't see myself living with the crap zippers and lightweight "armor" let alone the missed stitches and flimsy material of the China-made stuff. The AD1 pant is "Asian" made, but Duluth designed and it is waterproof, tough, and uses great materials. The Aerostich inspection makes sure you get Aerostich quality.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:59 pm

I bought a North Face "hyvent" wind-, waterproof and breathable pant. Fits over my MX pants and is totally lightweight, fits into my Camelbak easily. Bought it a bit bigger so it's not too tight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Over - Pants? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over - Pants?   Over - Pants? Empty

Back to top Go down

Over - Pants?
Page 1 of 1