Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Finally got the X :-)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrgeoff

Finally got the X :-) Empty
PostSubject: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:19 pm

After a couple of weeks wait, here it is :)

Finally got the X :-) Gallery_21481_165_22553

2009 model
1290 miles from new

Went for a lovely first ride, it really turns in quick compared to the trail bikes im used to. Power seems plenty enough for me, and my 10 mile commute it will be used for. Only issue so far is I have already broken the radiator fairing top clip on the gate post as I have to go thru at an angle to get into the back garden, the bike is wider here than I am used to, the old XLR250 was air cooled...
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Congrats! It's lots a fun! thumb
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh, the bike seems setup as stock for someone a little shorter than me. I need to push the bars forward a little, which will roll the controls down a little to suit me.

One issue is the rear brake pedal is a little high? I couldnt see any obvious way of lowering this?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:52 pm

You can lower it a bit with the nut at the bottom of the rear MC (screw it in just about to the end to suck up the threads).
Finally got the X :-) Cimg0012

I just had to stretch the one small return spring a bit so the brake light would go out.
Finally got the X :-) Cimg0013

Finally got the X :-) Cimg0014

Last edited by SheWolf on Fri May 13, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Ah, I got it, I will give that a go the next time I get the tools out. Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Threw in some pics...might help? dunno

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes, just popped my head outside to have a look at the bike, seems easy enough, thanks for the info thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm

No worries, if you get stuck just pop back and we'll see if we can figure it out. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:39 am

The nut configuration was slightly different on mine, but it all adjusted up nicely thumb

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the X :-)   Finally got the X :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally got the X :-)
Page 1 of 1