Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

trimming rear subframe

Go down 
+3
glock19
trav72
Slrsedan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Slrsedan

trimming rear subframe Empty
PostSubject: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Hey all, new here but been loving the info on this forum.
Just got my WRR, likin it, just wondering if anyone has tidied up the rear subframe, trimming off the bar the helmet lock is on and getting rid of the toolkit brackets?.....maybe the pillion peg brackets as well? wouldnt be hard to wipp them off and re-paint, just wondering if anyone has done this and has the pics.
Thanks for the info so far.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:25 am

I'm sure someone has but I haven't seen any pics. You're right, it wouldn't be difficult and I've thought about it a few times. Go ahead and do it then post pics.
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeah I think I will, will leave the pillion pegs but remove the helmet stuff and the tool kit, should tidy things up a bit, will take me a bit to get round to it I suspect, new toy.....to busy riding it at the mo!
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:53 pm

funny you say this. I was just looking at my bike when out on a ride and was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:26 pm

would not be hard at all. An angle grinder with a cut off wheel to cut them off then a grinding wheel to get rid of whats left, then hit it with a sanding disk it smooth everything out. Don't forget the eye/face protection.

I may do it this winter. I'd want to take the whole sub frame off. It would make it easier to do the work and paint it. Heck I may just have it powder coated.
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:29 pm

I was going to cut mine until I found out that the OEM part is over $600 retail. I probably would never re-install my passenger pegs, but I like to keep all my original parts for some reason. I have a plastic tub in the garage with all kinds of takeoffs. AIS parts, reflectors, EXUP valve, etc.....all that "useful" stuff!
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Planning on cutting mine off too. I'm just gonna use some POR15 paint on it after. That stuff sticks forever and won't ever rust. Easier then taking everything apart. And me an easy get along reallll well lol
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:39 am

Ive got one of those bins full of stuff as well!!!.....I may use the rear pegs so would be inclined to keep them but it would look so tidy without the helmet bar and toolbox brackets, be worth spraying the rear frame if you did it though I think....That with a full FMF system would look sweet!
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Awakening an old thread, but my X came with a cleaned up subframe. Weighs in at 6.3 pounds and looks good on the bike. (Check classified ads).

trimming rear subframe 2013-115
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trimming rear subframe   trimming rear subframe Empty

Back to top Go down

trimming rear subframe
Page 1 of 1