Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

zeta hand giards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lambe67

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Just put on zeta hand guards. With. Signals just need some help with wiring them up so I have the stock ones for now

zeta hand giards 2011-06-03_15-11-10_561
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 pm

what help do you need wiring them?

triple tree torques? what wire is ground?

let me know id be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
lambe67

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Well I believe that the stock ones are running lights as well so there is three wires going in to light I started to follow the wires to the origin of them and jjust got lost im not sure if just the lights are in the one harness or what so I kinda just didn't know what to do with third wire and what harness to go off of thanks for help
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: ok   zeta hand giards EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 pm

i just went out to look at my wires i didn take off my light shroud so i couldnt see exactly but both my red and black wires looked like they were connected to the same color wires and im pretty sure the 3rd wire is just a ground that you can tape up the end of it if you still need help you can just call me ill help thumb
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 am

each side has a black, thats your ground.
on the right side, the dark green wire is your 12v flasher

on the left side the chocolate wire is your 12v flasher.

the common color wire they both have is your running light, tape that off, fold it back, then tape it off again to keep it out of the way.

so you take the old signals off, cut the wire, strip, attach the red wire of the zeta led to either the dark green or chocolate depending on what side, and the black to the black.

after you take your old signals off, those upper triple tree pinch bolts should be torqued back down to 17 ft.lb

hope it goes well, let me know if you need anything else
Back to top Go down
lambe67

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:13 am

Thank you for all your help guys ill let u know how it goes tomorrow
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:50 am

Before you do a whole lot of taping and tucking and bolting back up - check to make sure you've got it right.

No running lights, and the blinkers work. Sucks to button everything back up only to find out one side, or both are now running lights and not turn signals.

They will blink faster than stock just so you know.

Love mine.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

zeta hand giards Empty
PostSubject: Re: zeta hand giards   zeta hand giards Empty

Back to top Go down

zeta hand giards
Page 1 of 1