Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved

Go down 
+2
pbnut
motokid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  Empty
PostSubject: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:23 am

Yet another reason to never throw away or sell the stock parts you remove from your motorcycle.

Apparently, the flashers in the Zeta hand guards are "too small" for Delaware inspection.

My bike failed inspection due to that. baldy baldy

I had to go dig out my old Yamaha flashers and re-install them.

We'll see if they pick on me for anything else later today.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Lame...

Signals aren't even required in this state. thumb
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm

pbnut wrote:
Lame...

Signals aren't even required in this state. thumb

Well, DE is a blue state. hide
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:04 pm

From what I can find on the internet - they're not required here either.

I'm sure there's some strange thing where they are not required, but if you have them, they must follow some guidelines.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:42 am

That's super stupid then. Disconnect them and try again?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Around here its all about which dealer you go to...

A couple of them will fail your bike over stuff like non stock signals and a couple of them will pass just about anything as long as your bike is in good shape.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:36 am

Biglake wrote:
Around here its all about which dealer you go to...

A couple of them will fail your bike over stuff like non stock signals and a couple of them will pass just about anything as long as your bike is in good shape.

Same here. Depends on where you go and which technician is looking at it. I have integrated signals in the mirrors. Not sure what the dimensions are, but I think it is bigger than the Zeta handguards. I haven't had it through inspection yet personally, so we'll see...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

Delaware has state inspection buildings. There's only a small handful to chose from.

A lot depends on the guy working at the time that's for sure.

I got my bike through May 31st with the stock signals wired back on.

They were instantly removed once I got home with my new sticker.

Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
leed

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:34 pm

motokid wrote:
From what I can find on the internet - they're not required here either.

I'm sure there's some strange thing where they are not required, but if you have them, they must follow some guidelines.

That's pretty standard in almost many states with the "not required", or at least in both NC, VA and IL. If you have them, you must have 4, they must all work [and sometimes they have to flash at a certain rate, and be mounted a certain distance apart], but you are not required to have them. It's stupid, but at the same time it makes sense.

My guess is the idea is if you do not have turn signals, you are required by law to use hand signals, and making the assumption that you use hand signals they a legal representation of signalling for braking and turning. While if you have turn signals on the bike, they assume that you won't be using hand signals and as such they have to make a "legal specification" for the signals themselves to be okay. I would just pull all of them off instead of putting the old ones on. Less work [or at least in my case].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved    Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved  Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta Hand-guard Flashers Not Delaware Approved
Page 1 of 1