Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics

Go down 
+6
Mikechicago
Jäger
jason meacham
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
Ushuaia Or Bust
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Empty
PostSubject: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 pm

So I finally did it. Lowsided last weekend on pretty sharp left handed turn and slid into an embankment. I'm fine and the bike was alright. The sliders and handguards really took the brunt of the fall. Aside from that, the plastics are pretty scuffed up.

A good friend of mine owns a paint shop here in San Diego and offered to sand and paint them for me. Anyone have recommendations on color?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Go retro yellow!! Very happy

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Can't say I'm a huge fan of yellow. Although it doesn't look half bad on some of those old school dirt bikes. I was thinking of something crazy like this takata green lol

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Stigreenwheels4
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Grrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn-are you Irish?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm

*cough*Kawasucky*cough* lurk

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

PYG RYDR wrote:
Grrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn-are you Irish?

My name is Sean, so, yes. lol
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 pm

SheWolf wrote:
*cough*Kawasucky*cough* lurk

Haha knew that might come up. Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 pm

I;m with shewolf on this one,, I would like to see yellow with the retro style graphics..
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 am

Retro yellow and black all the way.

After all, if it was good enough for King Kenny and the Hurricane...

There's some Irish in my genetic background as well, but I have to say that green is almost as hideous as the green Montana uses on government vehicles. Maybe even worse.
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Everyone does "Retro"

Heres some insipration

Colors Link

I went with more green themed ones cus that seemed to be where you were lookin:

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Hpim0310
Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Img_0110
Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Img_0111
Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Apheks10
Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Img_0112
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Maybe if you're into graffiti...

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Its more about the color schemes than the actual design. The way colors look together and play off each other. Im not saying get this on your bike, but look at colors combinations for your paint job.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Maybe if you're into graffiti...

That shit ain't graffiti.....that's art. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Well yeah but that's too crazy for a bike. Of course that's just my opinion. wink

PostSubject: YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Wrysp110

I Concur! GO YELLOW RETRO!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am

thumb wings That would look so sexy. lurk

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:54 am

Doesn't look half bad. Certainly going to take it into consideration. Hopefully will be doing the repaint in the next few weeks, but then part of me says save money for Vegas next month. Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

I'll go against the grain here and say don't paint it. Scratches give it character. If they bother you that much, buy new plastic as it's cheap enough. Install a graphic kit if you want a design and/or color. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by trav72 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
Everyone does "Retro"

Heres some insipration
If everyone does retro, how come I don't see any pictures of yellow and black WRRs in North America?

That ain't inspiration and it ain't art - I'd rather be castrated with a rusty tin can lid than ride something looking like it was inspired by a junky on an acid trip.

Okay... the last part is a bit of an exaggeration. But I wouldn't ride anything looking like that.

Yellow and black all the way.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm

trav72 wrote:
I'll go against the grain here and say don't paint it. Scratches give it character. If they bother you that much, buy new plastic as it's cheap enough. Install a graphic kit if you want a design and/or color. Just my 2 cents.

I hear ya. And a buddy of mine was saying the same. Only reason I would do a repaint is because it could be done literally at cost.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm

after seeing the picture that SABMATIN posted , there is no doubt I would go yellow with the retro graphics,,,,it reminds me of the mid 80's Kenny Roberts edition RZ350,,,,I wanted one of those so bad when I was a teenager........good luck..Jason
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Jäger wrote:
Mikechicago wrote:
Everyone does "Retro"

Heres some insipration
If everyone does retro, how come I don't see any pictures of yellow and black WRRs in North America?

That ain't inspiration and it ain't art - I'd rather be castrated with a rusty tin can lid than ride something looking like it was inspired by a junky on an acid trip.

Okay... the last part is a bit of an exaggeration. But I wouldn't ride anything looking like that.

Yellow and black all the way.

Calm down killer,

This thread was created because U or B wanted suggestions on colors, and he posted a picture of a crazy looking green, and indicated that that was the direction he was going. So I replyed with crazy colors and examples of color combinations. How is that NOT inspiration??? HE suggested the color, so I tried to show him crazy color options and combinations. Thats the definition of Inspiration.

Its a given that the crazy colors are not for everyone. I wouldn't want it on my bike. I like mine Flat Black and embrace the "battle wounds" it gets, but thats me. I dont like stickers all over my bike, but I'm not gonna hate on shewolfs bike, if thats what makes her happy more power to her!

Yes the retro look is more popular than his crazy color idea, absolutely. I haven't seen ONE crazy colored WR on this site yet, so I'm happy someone is trying something different.

Finally, this thread wasn't created to discuss wether or not graf is art or not. If you wanted to discuss what the definition of "Art" is, go start a subject in the Off Topic section. But I didn't join this forum to discuss art, so dont expect anymore from me about it. thumb
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
Calm down killer,
Just relax, Buttercup. On other threads similar to this, where people have suggested yellow and others have said they didn't like it, ugly, etc, nobody put in a hurt feelings report because others posted they didn't like the yellow/black they suggested.

Quote :
If you wanted to discuss what the definition of "Art" is, go start a subject in the Off Topic section.
I wasn't the one who posted that the graffiti (commonly called "vandalism" by the property owners it is usually inflicted on) was art - somebody else did. You may not have noticed that. I simply posted in reply that I didn't agree it was art, the colors looked more drug inspired than anything else, and I still preferred the yellow/black colors.

Hope that sets your mind at ease.

And I still think that a retro King Kenny/Hurricane look would be awesome. It might end up looking something like this with a touch of modern added:

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Yellowwr250r
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

-J Im glad we now have pet names, I love you too. but lets keep this on topic.

-U or B, Greens are hard to do without thinking of Kawas... heres a qwick ps mock up of what I think is your green. I used kids bike because it was straight profile and white.
Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Crazyg10

I was playing with some other color aphecks/ highlights but didnt put the effort into Id like so maybe I'll try more later.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Yep...just needs the Kawasucky decal on there. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics   Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics Empty

Back to top Go down

Crashed... Gonna repaint the plastics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next