Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjho1

For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R  Empty
PostSubject: For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R    For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 pm

I have to say I am fully impressed with this Bike, Yamaha got this one right. First about me, I've been riding all my life and I think my Dad taught me to ride before I could walk. I'm 52 years young now and my current bikes are a VTX1800, KX500 '84 (owned since new) and the WR250R. I just took a ride from PA to the Blue ridge mountain ride (Massanutten Mountain area) and this bike was flawless. I purchased the bike used for 3K from a guy that had it sitting in his garage since 08 with 340 miles on it in the fall of '10. it is bone stock (i don't cotton to farting with a bike till it can't do what I expect it to do) this bike will pull anything I throw at it (learn to ride the clutch and a 100 cc bike will pull any hill) the only complaints I have are, the speedo is 8 mile an hour off, gas tank is a little small (i cary a one liter bottle) and the rear shock doesn't handle washboard too well but I haven't played with the adjustments yet so I still hold out hope for it.
So fully loaded with Wolfmans saddle bags and duffle-bag and a sleeping bag this little 250 will run 75 mph all day down 81 and will handle any trail, single track or Mountain you can throw at it all day long. Hell the Tire held up fine and I will most likely replace it with the stock tire.
Damn Yamaha don't F' with this bike like a lot of people are saying (make it a 300 or 400 or whatever) :becca; let them learn how to ride first. Don't blow a 1000 bucks on a muffler and pipe for a lousy couple HP. This bike does just fine stock. Shit this bike will hold its own in the woods to my 500 two stroke which is a bear to keep under control.

I Love this Bike, Lets ride!!!!!!!!!!! wings

https://youtu.be/cFt4AiV-S9c
Back to top Go down
mordicai

For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R  Empty
PostSubject: Re: For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R    For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Jeez kjho1, Its only a bike. You can't make love to it, but it will always be your friend. I'm 71 and l this thing is a blast!
Back to top Go down

For anyone thinking of buying an WR250R
Page 1 of 1