Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X

Go down 
+16
jacque372
Mugster
Akoffroader
motokid
mwakey
tjohnson
mx284
CDNSXV
asheville thumper
SpiritWolf15
mtb
0007onWR
dirtytrixx400
MeefZah
ZED
SheWolf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:00 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Airbox mod Very happy
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 IMG_0993

Nice Airbox mod. thumb

So after you try it out with the new exhaust you'll have to post up the details so that we can inundate him with orders for these little gems. droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:20 pm

He's already getting bombarded with orders. I cross posted on TT and ADV and he was like...holy shit how many people do you know?!! Very happy

mx284

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:45 pm

can you say group buy discount???
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:42 pm

The web site doesn't list the WR. Do we just tell them we want one for the WR and he knows what to do?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Call Derek, tell him you talked to me and he'll know exactly what you need. Everyone's been telling him 'the girl who has the WR250R' and he laughs. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Ok... got the Attitude programmer installed this weekend (thanks to SheWolf's help). I did a simple airbox mod until I get the plate to complete the AIS removal. This programmer made a big difference on the bottom end. The bike has much more grunt and is actually able to pull itself even if 2 or 3 gears high. Well worth the money... now hopefully the Q4 shows up this week so we can start working on settings for this programmer. thumb

Here's a picture of the airbox mod. I used one of the snowmobile airbox vent units ($19.95 from Starting Line Products or any snowmobile shop, especially Polaris dealers, should have these in stock). This should let lots of air in, didn't increase the noise level, and should keep the water out as well.

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&view=description&catalogID=3&catID=21&productID=356

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 2009-011
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm

thumb Good stuff! I should have my pipe this week too. Nice change to the little ripper, isn't it?

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:57 am

tjohnson wrote:
I did a simple airbox mod until I get the plate to complete the AIS removal.

If you have the flapper diaphram removed from the airbox lid, you might as well remove the solenoid and that accumulator tank from under the seat too. It's just dead weight as you have it now. Leave the solenoid plug hanging, as it doesn't throw a code when disconnected. Then cap off the vacuum hose to the throttle body and you're done. The AIS is not part of this system. Remove the AIS after you get the block off plate.
Back to top Go down
tjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Ok... setup the Attitude programmer tonight with the Q4 pipe, airbox mods, and AIS removed. I used the settings that the FMF guys seem to like the best (3,3,3,8,8,8) and it runs GREAT! The power is much smoother (like a bigger bike would be) without the old feeling of a 2-stroke (and having to keep it spun up all the time). It lugs much better and the power pulls all the way to the top.

Honestly, having owned a 100% stock WR450 about 4 years ago, I would say this is now close to what a stock WR350 would be if they made one. wings
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Great to hear! thumb It's a pretty easy unit to use once you get the color coding right.

motokid

PostSubject: Attitude EFI Programmer for Wr250's   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I emailed them today about these and here's the responses I got. I asked if they had them since there is no mention on the web page.

response:

Quote :
Yes we do have a programer for the wr 250r/x. My web guy is on
vacation so we have not put it up on are websight yet since it such a
new product but have been selling many of them do to word of mouth.
The price is 179.95 plus shipping. You will notice a improvement in
drivability, throttle response, and HP. It greatly shows up when
adding airflow threw the air box and exhaust system. Please give me a
call is you have any other questions.

and...

Quote :
Well we offer a two year warenty that FMF dosent have. All these boxes
also come from Dobeck Performance. I was head of their ATV and
snowmobile division for 3 years. We also do all the testing for them
now with all the new products that we are going to release here in the
next year. We also have great support and knowledge and are riders so
theirs a passion. Yes please do post are price and that they we have
them in stock. Also are programing we consider to be much better.
That is the main diffrence. The hardware in the boxes are the same its
who writes the programing that can make this box work great or not work
at all.

Owner
Derek Fischer

$180 plus shipping.....My order will be going through soon. Need one more paycheck......

Thanks Shewolf. wings
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:01 pm

thumb Good on ya! I'm sure you'll love what it'll do to that little bike. Very happy

PostSubject: Attitude Programmer   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Is this a "plug and play" installation or do you have to cut and splice wires? Also, does it replace the black box attached to the rear fender with an O ring or sit on top of it?

Thank you,

AK
Back to top Go down
Mugster

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:42 pm

MeefZah wrote:
ZED wrote:

Must keep reminding myself that the WRX is a budget bike that's good out-a-the-box and doesn't need farkles. droooool

I'm with you on this.

I'm not a good enough rider to maximize the bike's potential stock; let along if I start remapping the FI, and replacing the exhaust, etc. Ironically, a really good rider doesn't need the extra 3 horsepower you might generate with all that stuff.

Some "farkles" are needed to protect your investment (skidplate, barbusters, etc.) and some are just designed to give you something to tinker with. I get a kick out of reading the ADV thread with the different FMF settings people are trying... you know what I'm doing while they are playing with their laptop in their garage? Freaking riding, man. Freaking riding.

Not dissing Shewolf or anyone that wants to spend money and time on that, more power to you, but I'll wager unless you are an enduro level rider I'll be able to ride the same stuff at the same speed as you guys with your fancy schmancy FMF / other systems on my stock bike. wink

I'm a Senior C hare scrambler, probably a terminal C rider. I got up into vet B a few years ago, and wasn't really competitive so they let me cat down when I hit the big 4-oh. I just don't want to run the level of risk it takes to win. I used run 200B when I was a teenager. I've run the mid south hare scrambles series, off and on, for a long time. An occasional enduro...but I like wheel to wheel racing with my buddies. I've been racing witht he same crew for several seasons. We always give a ringer a hard time, lol.

I wouldn't race this thing for fear of dumping it in the water and toasting the electronics. I would assume if water gets sucked down the intake its game over, but I really have no idea. If you want a fun bike to race, just go get the yz250f. Its pretty much ready to rock, just add protection. I doubt with all the mods in the world that you can match its power level right off the showroom floor, and its already stripped down ready to run, just add protection.

It definitely needs all the power it can get. I doubt the mods are worth the money to me, but, it may be to someone else. Sounds like the chip mod is the best bang for the buck.

I think I'll gear it down and look at taking off the smog crap. Put some protection on, especially radiator guards. Skidplate, I doubt I need that on this bike. I doubt I'll be doing many log crossings on it. I thought I might do some dual sport stuff. Looks like fun and its not as punishing as scrambling.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:01 pm

thumb The whole idea is to have fun. Friendly competition is what I like to do; get dirty, bounce a few and have some good laughs with friends and then sit back after it all with a cold one in front of a nice campfire. Modding for me is a personal preference. I didn't have to mod it, but by doing what I have done I've morphed this thing into a ride that is geared towards my style of stuff. Even if I'm all covered in mud...or half naked wielding a 385 Husky. wink

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:06 pm

It's plug and play. thumb You simply figure out where you want to install it, connect the negative wire to the battery, unplug your FI plug on the TB, plug in the 'Tude to the TB and the FI plug and you're set. I have mine sitting where the 'black box' (that's your ECU or brainbox) was, and placed the ECU where all the AIS crap was in between the frame and the airbox. Others have velcroed it to the top of the airbox where the solenoid was, or against the battery. It's up to you where you mount it. Some guys even mount it up by the handlebars so they can fart around with it right there; personally I don't really want mine getting ripped off leaving it out in the open like that. budah

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I phoned Derek today and ordered mine. I wouldn't say it's needed, but it's honestly a fairly cheap farkle for what it can potentially do. Looking forward to it. thumb

Haven't decided where to put it. The handle bar seems neat, but then I'd have to take it off the bike when I take the key out. So many parts to remove. So many places to put it. Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to mount mine up there in fear of having it ripped off. Where it sits now is nice and snug and I can access it within a few seconds under the seat since I can spin the bolts off by hand. thumb

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:33 pm

A YZ250f wouldn't work for me right out of the box. Wrong tires and wheels. Very happy

I play on the motard track. Haven't tried racing, don't know if I will. Pushing the bike to the limit in a controlled environment is fun. I have noticed that WRX is down on power compared with the modded DRZs, but who knows what the tuner and some exhaust might do. Very happy

Yes, I rode the little bugger again today so I can't get this sh!t eating grin off my face. Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm

You missed a spot. poser2 It's running off yer chin down yer shirt. wink

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:54 am

wings cheers Just got off phone with Derek.

My programmer ships out Monday morning Utah time.

It's gonna be a long week isn't it.....
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:13 am

i have the attitude box just got mine back from the dyno hmf made the exhaust and dyno tuned it all week it made alot more power stock dyno run the bike made 24.45hp and with the exhaust and box they were able to make 27.35hp that is without any airbox mods i will post the dyno sheet and pics of the exhaust in another thread the hmf exhaust should be available next week for sale
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:06 pm

My programmer has not showed up yet. GAHHHH droooool

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Mine either and I ordered mine a day or two earlier. Should be next week.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Get the tracking number off of Derek and then you can tell where it is in transit. thumb Thats' how I knew where it was.

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next