Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X

Go down 
+16
jacque372
Mugster
Akoffroader
motokid
mwakey
tjohnson
mx284
CDNSXV
asheville thumper
SpiritWolf15
mtb
0007onWR
dirtytrixx400
MeefZah
ZED
SheWolf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 am

SheWolf wrote:
Not sure what happened, but my R² 'woke up.' I was riding with Rob to go grab some drinkage and I was flagged past some guy in a car who was driving kinda slow. 163 km/h UP the bloody hill, and just under 3/4 throttle in 6th. eeek

Your Speedo is toast. The WR isn't going to make that speed unless it's downhill in a full tuck.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 am

Rather than starting my own thread on this, I'll just post my Attitude Programmer observations here.

I installed it today. I was going to wait until my FMF Q4 arrived, but I decided to take the day off and putter on some bikes. First, the installation is fairly easy. Two connectors go in-line with the fuel injector which is under the tank. The Black wire connects to the battery. The vent line is coiled up under the fuel tank with the end dangling down a bit on the right side of the cylinder. The White wire is dangling un-used because I forgot to snip it and liquid electrical tape the end.

I wanted to check the color of the spark plug before adding this, but I couldn't get the coil out of the plug hole. Is there a trick to this that both the manual and I are missing? Not sure how I'm going to tune it if I can't see the plug...

I came up with what I believe to be a new mounting location. I used the supplied sticky velcro to attach it to the left side of the head tube on the frame. This way it's really accessible for tuning, but when the steering is locked, you can barely see it, let alone get to it.
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 KES_5295

I haven't removed all the 'schmutz' yet as I don't have the Q4 yet, but I put the programmer on and removed the air box door.

At first when I turned the key on the lights would dance a bit, but I couldn't get it to change modes. WTF!!??!! For a while I thought I had a dud. Finally I decided to see if it would start before I pulled the tank off again. It turns out YOU CAN ONLY OPERATE THE BUTTONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING. Changing the programming while the engine is running is about the last thing I would thing of doing.

It started as I expect and idled to warmup fine. I took it out for a quick spin:

Observation 1: Very little discernible difference with the airbox door off until you get into the throttle hard. Then it growls in a BIG way, regardless of the RPM.

Observation 2: The snatchy throttle has improved. It doesn't feel as sudden when transitioning on and off of the closed throttle position. I think it can probably be improved yet, but that will take some thought and tuning time.

Observation 3: Overall the engine feels a bit stronger. No accidental power wheelies, but I think it has a bit more grunt out of the corners. I may not feel quite as inclined to run at the rev-limit warning beacon level quite as much.

Looking forward to playing with it some more and trying the new exhaust. Haven't settled on a set of numbers yet, so I'll post them up on the FI thread when I figure them out.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 pm

ZED wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
Not sure what happened, but my R² 'woke up.' I was riding with Rob to go grab some drinkage and I was flagged past some guy in a car who was driving kinda slow. 163 km/h UP the bloody hill, and just under 3/4 throttle in 6th. eeek

Your Speedo is toast. The WR isn't going to make that speed unless it's downhill in a full tuck.

Your WR must not be running properly, since I took the same bike out for a ride and had it up to 160 without hesitation.

Earlier this year it could easily keep pace with my 1100 doing 150.

Just because the numbers blow your mind doesn't mean that they aren't true.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Hmmm... seems like it's running well, but I can't get that out of it scratch

We'll see what happens with the Q4 and some tuning.

On another note, I thought about something else people may be interested in about the Attitude Programmer. The buttons are a bit of a firm press as you can tell just by pushing them, but they also have to be pressed very quickly, otherwise it may interpret it as two or three pushes. This can be confusing when you're hunting through the modes and it suddenly skips a couple.

Question: Does anyone know which way the adjustment of the Yellow/Blue and Red/Blue goes? is it a higher number for the mode to come on sooner or a lower number? I can't seem to find it referenced anywhere and I can logic it out either way and the bit of playing with it didn't seem to change it much.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:39 pm

All I did was sequence it. I went thru green and kept hitting mode until I got to the desired color combination, then hit the + & - for whatever numbers I was trying to achieve. I didn't notice that I had to push the buttons that hard for it to register. dunno
I've decided that I'm going to get horny and throw on the PowerBomb. wink

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:42 pm

So, 160 just not enough for you huh? amazon Very happy

Have you figured out how the Yellow/Blue and Red/Blue modes work?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Yellow/Blue = Adjustment of delay in 'acceleration mode' fuel turns on. (.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

Red/Blue = Adjustment of delay in 'full throttle' or 'WOT mode' fuel turns on.
(.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

Not sure if that's what you were after. Mine's set at 4.0 for y/b, 4.5 for r/b.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 am

That's exactly the clarification I was looking for. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:10 pm

So what numbers are you guys running now that you've had them for quite a while?

Has anybody really messed with the settings and discovered something valuable?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

I play with mine every so often; mainly if I switch between road running and offroad. Normally I have it set for economy, but offroad it goes into performance mode so you get a bit extra snap. I should have done that yesterday.... GAHHHH

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 am

So what are your "performance mode" settings?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 am

3.5, 2.0, 1.5, 3.0, 4.0, 2.5

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 am

So motokid and shewolf you guys are running the 3.0 right?(or is it the 3.2)?
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:00 am

motokid wrote:
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 379944 Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 525406 Just got off phone with Derek.

My programmer ships out Monday morning Utah time.

It's gonna be a long week isn't it.....
I am bummed,
I have been playing phjone tag with Dereck for a week and haven't been able to place an order.
wondering if I need to go with the PC-V.
Tried his email and it was full. Hmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:41 am

I'm running the 3.0. It works fine with that tuner, haven't really come up with a reason to get the newer ones when this one works and the bike does what it should with no problems.

Keep calling him, he can sometimes be hard to track down because he's like the road guy. Have you tried calling the shop and order from Brook?

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:39 pm

RT3856 wrote:
motokid wrote:
Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 379944 Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 525406 Just got off phone with Derek.

My programmer ships out Monday morning Utah time.

It's gonna be a long week isn't it.....
I am bummed,
I have been playing phjone tag with Dereck for a week and haven't been able to place an order.
wondering if I need to go with the PC-V.
Tried his email and it was full. Hmmmmmm.

How bad do you want one?

What would you pay for a used AI programmerl? Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 am

OK,
it is now April 5
NO PROGRAMMER.
Called Derek again yesterday "actually answered the phone" told him to cancel my order.
He said "oh that shipped out last week you should have it. I will check with shipper and let you know the status."
HHHMMMMM...............
that was yesterday A.M
Still no call or email.
Seems as though the customer service part of his bussiness is gone.

Oh! One good thing the day I ordered the programmer My credit card was immediatly charged. "three weeks ago"
I know cause I already have the bill from my credit card company.
NICE.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm

RT3856 wrote:
OK,
it is now April 5
NO PROGRAMMER.
Called Derek again yesterday "actually answered the phone" told him to cancel my order.
He said "oh that shipped out last week you should have it. I will check with shipper and let you know the status."
HHHMMMMM...............
that was yesterday A.M
Still no call or email.
Seems as though the customer service part of his bussiness is gone.

Oh! One good thing the day I ordered the programmer My credit card was immediatly charged. "three weeks ago"
I know cause I already have the bill from my credit card company.
NICE.

Yikes.....that is bad.

What you gonna do? If it shows up at your door in the next day or two will you keep it, or send it back and demand your money be returned?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X   Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude Industries Fuel Tuner for WRR/X
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4