Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Used WR250R Purchase

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dducatih

Used WR250R Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:13 pm

I am considering the purchase of a 2008, one owner, WR250R that was purchased as new in 2010. Could some tell me about any significant differences b/w 2008 and 2011 models. The bike in question has 526 miles and the asking price is $4000. Thanks
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Nothing except graphics and fork color.
Back to top Go down
dducatih

PostSubject: Used Wr250 Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for the update...it helps me to make my decision thumb
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 pm

I would buy that bike for $4000,,it's practically brand new,,are there any extras with the bike,,that would only make that an even better deal,,,,good luck,, Jason
Back to top Go down
dducatih

PostSubject: Wr250R Purchase Done   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 am

Yo Jason,
I did place a deposit on the bike and will drive from Denver to Salt Lake ,on Monday, to pick it up. It has some basic upgrades: 12 tooth primary, Accerbis hand guards, aluminum skid plate, Pro-Taper bars, Speedo Healer, and Pro moto billet tail rack. Job one will be VIN verification, registration and titling on Colorado. Then it goes on a diet, gets Yamalink-ed, stage one uncorking (air box / pipe etc.) and lower seat, levers, 3.1 IMS, K&N, and tail light cosmetics. I'll likely pass on any big bore stuff as I worry about reliability.....we'll see, if it has sufficient oomph to pull my 180 pounds to 13K ft here in Colorado I doubt it will need additional tweaking. Should that be indicated, hopefully my buddy Eddie Sisneros can do his magic with a Power-Commander EFI mapping. I'm hoping to have street legal ride that is small and light enough to hit some high altitude single track trails. Last summer I did the New Mexico, Colorado TAT and Utah as far as Moab. My highly un-stock DRZ400 did fine but I always like a winter project as high Country riding usually shuts down here around November 1st. At nearly age 62 I like to tinker when the sunny days fade into fall. Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:43 am

Congrats on the bike! Let us know how it goes.

Sarah

Edit: Just noticed the YamaLink for sale in the Fleamarket
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Can't wait for the pics!! cheers

PostSubject: Thanks   Used WR250R Purchase EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks to you all for the nice welcome and good wishes. Today I sold my 2004 BMW GS1150 so I am clearly downsizing. It was a bitter sweet parting but after two shoulder surgeries in '05 and '06 that rig just got heavier each year.
tough
Got it new in 2004 and sold it with 6084 miles on the clock so you can see it was gathering dust. At least I'll have a farkle fund for the new baby WR250R. bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used WR250R Purchase   Used WR250R Purchase Empty

Back to top Go down

Used WR250R Purchase
Page 1 of 1