Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lengthening electrical connections?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sedwards

Lengthening electrical connections? Empty
PostSubject: Lengthening electrical connections?   Lengthening electrical connections? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 pm

So...Ive installed Scotts sub-mount with CR-hi bars. There was no way the throttle and clutch cables were long enough so i special ordered from Motion Pro new- longer cables. They are great! My question is has anyone added length to the light and on-off switches? Is this just simply a matter of cutting and splicing in an additional few inches of the appropriate grade of wire? I dont see any evidence of anyone talking about this. Thanks for any help. I am almost done with my build. Just waiting on my Eastern Beaver shipment now!
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Lengthening electrical connections?   Lengthening electrical connections? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

It should be just that simple, cut, solder, heat shrink, DONE! Very happy
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

PostSubject: Re: Lengthening electrical connections?   Lengthening electrical connections? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:46 pm

When you ordered the cables was there a part # that one can order to duplicate your setup or was it a one off custom order?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sedwards

PostSubject: Re: Lengthening electrical connections?   Lengthening electrical connections? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm

I searched my receipts but didn't find the one for the cables. Just call Motion Pro, discuss with tech and tell him the bike and how much longer you want the cables. I believe I did an additional 2.5 inches which was perfect with my setup. Of course, as you probably noticed by my first post, you then have both the left and right side electrical connections getting pretty tight. I did lengthen the right side (start switch) but kept the left (turn signal) ones stock. They could use an extra inch of slack, but not required. I have the Scotts Sub mount and CR-Hi bars. Every time I've ordered from Motion Pro, they take about 2 weeks to custom make the cables but they have great quality and they work with no problems. You will need the two throttle cables and the clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lengthening electrical connections?   Lengthening electrical connections? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lengthening electrical connections?
Page 1 of 1