Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Won't run, Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hamish54

Won't run, Help Empty
PostSubject: Won't run, Help   Won't run, Help EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm

I've an 08 with 13, 500 miles, FMP programmer, Q-bomb header, Q4 silencer, air box mods. Fuel pump was replaced 1100 miles ago, at my expense. (Dealer wouldn't budge). Ran to the store for groceries. Back to the bike, the battery is a bit low. Turn on key, wait for pump to charge injector, and hit start. It's never failed til now. Finally got it started after several attempts, but would not idle unless I held 1/4 throttle. Had to keep 1/4 to 1/2 throttle to keep it running with no power. Almost acting like it did with the bad pump. (That was fun when it failed half way thru an enduro -- GAHHHH ). Had to gingerly clutch it to start moving & keep moving. Fortunately, it's only 1/2 mile home from the store. I'm charging the battery tonight, but having a low battery shouldn't keep it from running. Also will reset the programmer back to where it uses Yammi's stock settings. As far as bad gas, I've run about 1/2 a tank from my last fill up with no problems.

Any ideas????

Thanks,
Bill
Back to top Go down
greer

Won't run, Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't run, Help   Won't run, Help EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 am

I'm waiting to see how it acts with a good battery. I once owned an F650GS and any sort of battery issue/bad connection would cause all sorts of problems.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

Won't run, Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't run, Help   Won't run, Help EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 am

+1. Check batt connections 1st. Clutch, side stand switches, plug & wire. Good luck. sometimes.these things are a pain to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Won't run, Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't run, Help   Won't run, Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Won't run, Help
Page 1 of 1