Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kangolo

Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump   Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:23 am

Ran into a snag installing my safari tank on my '08 WR250R today, when I try to install the original fuel pump it can't sit flush - the secondary fuel pump is in the way.

It seems it sticks out too far and the angle the original pump needs to go in at hits the secondary pump.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
dnf

dnf

PostSubject: Re: Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump   Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 pm

I wonder if most people with 2008 bikes have already swapped for a newer pump. Not sure if it was a recall or something but a lot of failures on 08 pumps from what I have read.
Total breeze install on my 09.
Back to top Go down
kangolo

PostSubject: Re: Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump   Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 pm

dnf wrote:
I wonder if most people with 2008 bikes have already swapped for a newer pump. Not sure if it was a recall or something but a lot of failures on 08 pumps from what I have read.
Total breeze install on my 09.

Yeah, I've read about a lot of fuel pump issues and I have no way of knowing if my pump is the original or not but it does look exactly like the photos I've seen of pumps in other safari tank installations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump   Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari tank install issues - moving original fuel pump
Page 1 of 1