Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
trailrider77

trailrider77

Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? Empty
PostSubject: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 pm

I just picked up a nearly new 08 WR250R. I'm looking to order a new Safari 3.7 tank and can't decide between blue or white.

I like the white in that you can easily see the fuel level, but I'm not excited about it turning ugly yellow overtime given what this thing is going to cost. (Or does it turn yellow over time??)

I like the blue but from what I can tell you can't see the fuel level.

Anyone have experience with this?

Also, how well do these tanks (the 3.7 version) fit w/ a Seat Concepts seat?

thx
Back to top Go down
Racig

PostSubject: Re: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 am

trailrider77 wrote:

Also, how well do these tanks (the 3.7 version) fit w/ a Seat Concepts seat?

thx

Seatconcepts seats use the OEM seat pan so I can't see why it would be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Corycy

PostSubject: Re: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Over 35k and still pretty white.
Back to top Go down
trailrider77

trailrider77

PostSubject: Re: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Corycy wrote:
Over 35k and still pretty white.

Wow. Thats impressive. Do you typically leave fuel sitting in the tank overa period of time?

I really like the idea of a white tank given that you can see the fuel leve.

BTW, w/ 35K on your WR, how realiable has it been for you?

I'm just venturing into the R2 world and it sounds really exciting. I now have a 550 miles on it (its an 08 that's been sitting around and not ridden hardly at all).
Back to top Go down
lama

PostSubject: Re: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:50 pm

It's the natural tank that allows you to see the level, not the white. Mine has yellowed a little over time. Not anything for me to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?   Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does a white Safari fuel tank turn yellow over time?
Page 1 of 1