Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Official FI Mapping Area

Go down 
+122
eram310
Stigy
PrettyRicky218
Knobby
Pint
RkBoss
10fiecd
Alfred Dogman
yanbed
softjeans
Rhys54790
Jremeee
born2ride88
HiQ
soupbowl
beefcakemorris
DutchTerror
2006kj
tp110mx
Evol
JohnnyBeagle
RYDNDRT
Crazy M
RAV1980
motardmixion
LordMDP
honeybadger
rsteiger
Biglake
FTWeather
unoR
dmmcd
canyon63
StreetGhost
quillbro
oops99
rjudge
skrew
foofighter
germanwr250r
weezy
ueyteuor
sr1
rinconrider
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
SM57
BPG
sock monkey
Bikesquatch
Arkmage
Carmmond
KC0514
Drewmugx5t
00PowderSpecial
skidmarx
lesagesix
oic0
mr-cave
bfgjohno
nap
PYG RYDR
DanLap
shep
RT3856
dfrosted
AaronWhitt82
Midnite171
mcwbyu82
wrxpro
soggytire
wifarmboy
onelove
Sproat Sport
mattnadz
SoupSandwich
Mikechicago
oldirt
cuban11182
Simmo
greer
cryptomundo
Ozy
Tammy
Jomamaha
blewwrx
keith_mahoney
ramz
motokid
Matty
andy mac
shoein
Six8
mkearl
pvecchio
skierd
mwagman
jason meacham
deerHater
rpo83
Jäger
mullet2006
Don T
King Wolf
Infra
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
INSTIGATOR
X-Racer
10Cup
canitokintax
sswrx
Broo C em
YZEtc
0007onWR
Longview
ZED
levity
PQRS...
mwakey
asheville thumper
SheWolf
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
soggytire

soggytire

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 am

Looking for Owners manual for the fmf power programmer. I can supply a fax if need be. Thanks so much anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 am

PM sent...
Back to top Go down
wrxpro

wrxpro

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 pm

who has a pc5 and does anyone run a custom map for air box door removed + full fmf system?
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm

soggytire wrote:
Looking for Owners manual for the fmf power programmer. I can supply a fax if need be. Thanks so much anyone?

I need the manual too please. just got the used programmer I got from this site in the mail.

Also, I guess I have never seen a picture of the back of one of these. Please tell me that small 1cm squre hole is suppose to be there?
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 am

wifarmboy wrote:
I just got my mega bomb powercore and fmf programmer on and a few times now its all but died at cruzin speed its set at high fives settings any clues what to do..

Hey wifarmboy have you figured out what was wrong yet???
I'm having the same issues with the same settings. Bike dies for a few seconds at high speeds when cruising??? I don't know what to do. I tried settings with lower last numbers (3,5,0.5,2,2,2) and then bike bogs(shutters) in at cruise in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Any thoughts anyone???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Have you tried a lower second setting? Try bumping it down by one, and the last two at 4 and see if that helps.

wifarmboy

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm not sure if I got it fixed or not I played w. It the other day set it to a couple different ones but haven't had a chance to ride it long enough (rain and snow) ill have to try lowering that one too... Also I'm gettin messed up w. The colors being in random order.. saw on tt that pushing too hard does that?
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 am

No I haven't tried those numbers yet but thanks shewolf maybe in the next few days when the rain clears I'll give it a shot. Also gonna lift the tank and see if maybe I pinched a gas line.
I'll post my results. wifarmboy let me know as well if u figure anything else out.
Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 pm

mcwbyu82 wrote:
soggytire wrote:

I need the manual too please. just got the used programmer I got from this site in the mail.

Also, I guess I have never seen a picture of the back of one of these. Please tell me that small 1cm squre hole is suppose to be there?

I have the FMF Programmer instructions in PDF format if you need. PM or email me!
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Mine is set at 3.0, 4.5, 1.0, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5

So far she seems to be running perfect with these settings. Engine hasn't cut out, bogged or hesitated.
Also doesn't seem like it's running too rich as I don't smell any gas.

Mods include:

AIS removed & KEI block off plate
Flapper mod
Yosh RS-2 exhaust
Stock air filter
Stock gearing
Back to top Go down
dfrosted

dfrosted

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Anyone running a fmf programmer with a megabomb and a powercore pipe? I would love to know your fmf settings. I have done all of the mods to my bike, just trying to fine tune this programmer. I have tried most of the suggested settings, but I think a lil bit more can get pulled out of this engine. I am literally at sea level in the hot and humid state of Louisiana. Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm

wrxpro wrote:
who has a pc5 and does anyone run a custom map for air box door removed + full fmf system?
I just got mine and hooked it up yesterday.
Mods are, 13-47 spockets fmf q4 flapper gone on air box and PC-5
Wonder if I should get more air to the engine with a little more creative carving on the air box.
Also not sure about adjusting programmer.
any suggestions are appreciated
Back to top Go down
shep

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Sorry to post a redundant question: I just picked up an 08 X yesterday. Barely ridden, 1200 miles an the only mods are the FMF Q4 muffler and the FMF Power Programmer. The owner admitted they did not really know how to set it. I have only been able to ride the bike briefly so far but noticed 2 things: It dies on occasion off throttle and seems a bit "bogged" down in the mid throttle range. I have only ridden one of these bikes briefly before, so I don't know exactly what to expect. Anyway, as for the Power Programmer settings, after searching this thread, I did not find anyone's examples that represented a bike with similar, minimal mods. In other words, most bikes were either stock or had a lot of other mods. Any suggestions for settings for a bike with only the muffler, would be greatly appreciated. I thought if I had some parameters to begin with it might save a lot of guessing and experimentation. Thanks.

Shep
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 pm

3.5, 4.5, 1.5, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5

Try starting with that. We can always keep dialing in or out as needed, which is the great thing about these programmers. thumb

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Holy cow, talk about a fast response! Just plugged those numbers in and am going for a trial run.

Shep
Back to top Go down
shep

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks SheWolf. Much better! No dying, better mid-range. Just a slight cough when rolling off throttle at low rpms.

Thanks again,

Shep
Back to top Go down
onelove

onelove

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:47 pm

How many of you guys/gals have your programmer mounted where you can see it while ridding? Im thinking about mounting it where I can see it this next weekend when I go to the track so I can tune on the straights. ( It tops out too fast to have fun on the straights, just a waiting time for the next set of turns.)
If anyone does, can you tell me if I will be getting any info out of watching it. Will I see the modes switch over or is it like an tach or what?!?!! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 pm

I refuse to mount mine out in plain view. Just too easy to rip off and I really don't feel like shelling out more cash to replace it. budah I don't find it any more time consuming to pull the seat off (I have quick release wingnuts) and then do an adjustment.
What you'll see are the lights cycling as you progress thru the gears.

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 am

I mounted my PC5 on the frame on the left hand side right by the steering head.
It was mentioned by somebody else and I copied them.
At full lock to the left you can lock the stearing head and mimimize access.
Back to top Go down
onelove

onelove

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Yeah, I wasnt going to leave it up there. I was probably just gonna use some...duct tape poser2 to hold it there for the day. I may live in Fort Collins now (voted best place to live in money mag!!) But I was born and raised in St. Louis (most dangerous city with Detroit), I know how things just tend to...vanish when looking the other way!!
Im just interested if I will be able to tune my a/f ratio better by watching it come up from low rpms? I dont want to spend money getting it dynoed, just curious.
Back to top Go down
DanLap

DanLap

PostSubject: What's the good setting- FMF PP??   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 pm

There are my mod:

Ais removed
airbox flap removed
stock exhaust- but spark arrester removed with bigger end
K&N air filter
12/43 sprocket

Alt: 150meters ASL

And I just bought a FMF power programmer and i'm looking for a dude who have the right setting??

Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Installed

FMF Megabomb Header
FMF Q4
FMF Programmer

Flapper glued, EXUP and AIS Removed, No-Toil Air Filter

Set Programmer 3.5-4.5-1.5-8-4-4.5

Going for a ride tommorrow.

Anyone else running the Mega and Q4?

Settings?

TIA
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:21 am

Rode ~ 300 miles yesterday with the new additions.

And the bike is definitely better. Especially down low, has some grunt at the bottom! No stalls, no bogs in some very technical sections. Great!

But cruising on highway at high speed, seemed to fade...

Any programmer setting change suggestions?

TIA

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:07 am

Try bumping the first one up to 4. Might give you that little bit to bring back that cruise speed.

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Will do.

Will post results.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official FI Mapping Area
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next