Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Official FI Mapping Area

Go down 
+122
eram310
Stigy
PrettyRicky218
Knobby
Pint
RkBoss
10fiecd
Alfred Dogman
yanbed
softjeans
Rhys54790
Jremeee
born2ride88
HiQ
soupbowl
beefcakemorris
DutchTerror
2006kj
tp110mx
Evol
JohnnyBeagle
RYDNDRT
Crazy M
RAV1980
motardmixion
LordMDP
honeybadger
rsteiger
Biglake
FTWeather
unoR
dmmcd
canyon63
StreetGhost
quillbro
oops99
rjudge
skrew
foofighter
germanwr250r
weezy
ueyteuor
sr1
rinconrider
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
SM57
BPG
sock monkey
Bikesquatch
Arkmage
Carmmond
KC0514
Drewmugx5t
00PowderSpecial
skidmarx
lesagesix
oic0
mr-cave
bfgjohno
nap
PYG RYDR
DanLap
shep
RT3856
dfrosted
AaronWhitt82
Midnite171
mcwbyu82
wrxpro
soggytire
wifarmboy
onelove
Sproat Sport
mattnadz
SoupSandwich
Mikechicago
oldirt
cuban11182
Simmo
greer
cryptomundo
Ozy
Tammy
Jomamaha
blewwrx
keith_mahoney
ramz
motokid
Matty
andy mac
shoein
Six8
mkearl
pvecchio
skierd
mwagman
jason meacham
deerHater
rpo83
Jäger
mullet2006
Don T
King Wolf
Infra
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
INSTIGATOR
X-Racer
10Cup
canitokintax
sswrx
Broo C em
YZEtc
0007onWR
Longview
ZED
levity
PQRS...
mwakey
asheville thumper
SheWolf
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Someone said there is and described where it is but when I tried to find it... you can barely even see the throttle body, much less get to it. Another way to increase your idle a bit is to go in to the CO adjustment mode and adjust it while looking at the RPM output. When its optimal, it will idle a bit higher. Sofar though I am just dealing with the fact that my bike idles very low and sometimes cuts out when its warm (After the initial auto enrichment to help cold cranking turns off)
Back to top Go down
rjudge

rjudge

PostSubject: Bogging when throttle blipped   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi folks,

I'm trying to sort out my WRR and get the FMF programmer set.

The bike:

2008 WRR
FMF Programmer
FMF Megabomb
FMF Q4
Flapper screwed down
K&N Filter

FMF Settings were at 3, 2, 0.5, 8, 4, 4 and it would stall it the throttle was blipped or opened rapidly off of idle.

I changed to 3, 2, 1.5, 4, 1, 2 and the stalling is much better. I'm trying to figure out what setting most affects this stalling off idle. It still has hesitation off idle especially when cold.

Drives my wife crazy when I'm sitting in the garage revving it, trying to test the settings. She keeps asking if I think it's a Harley.

Gotta love a smartassed women.

RJ
Back to top Go down
oops99

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:25 am

what settings would anyone recomend for the FMF programer with this set up

- FMF Powercore 4
- FMF Megabomb header
- Flpper removal + cutting nice open hole on the top of air box to allow max air intake
- K&N Air filter
- AIS remooval
- Servo removal

ive decided to go with this set up, would like to have an idea of what settings would be best for it, so i dont have to mess aroud to much to get good.

thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
quillbro

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 am

Just picked up an 09 wr250r that had been modded by the previous owner.

He warned me that it had a dieing/surging issue "once a week", well its more like once every few miles.

His mods are:

FMF Powerbomb header
FMF Q4 pipe
ALL emissions have been removed
Airbox uncorked
FMF EFI Programmer

Pretty basic mods from what I understand

When i bought the bike he said he thought it was running a bit rich.

The settings were

I called the performance shop that makes these and the very helpful guys said I should try changing setting 2 from 5--> 4 and setting 4 from 4 --> 8.

so now i have

The bike still surges, nothing is fixed. Usually happens at high cruising speed and requires the throttle to be closed before running again.

THE MOST ALARMING THING HOWEVER, is that I averaged my fuel economy and im getting 50mpg, am i running too rich across the board???? Any guidance would be appreciated.

My dr650 gets about 45mg with a kein carb and it hauls ass compared to this bike. I would have thought the wr250 would have been much better with fuel economy. I guess i was hoping for around 60mpg or so?

Its not the biggest deal but it would be nice. My major concern is for the bike to run properly, without dead spots at high speed. But moderate fuel economy would be nice also.

Thanks for the help.
-Evan
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 am

Setting number 5 - move that from 4 to to 6 or higher.

It's a known issue with FmF units.

See if that helps.

Many of us get 50-60 mpg-ish. Not uncommon at all.

If you think you're too rich, drop your numbers. See how that feels.

Try 2-3-2-7-6-3

If you really want better mpg's you can always use better control of the throttle. amazon

Do you know what gearing you're running?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
quillbro

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm

motokid wrote:

See if that helps.

Try 2-3-2-7-6-3

If you really want better mpg's you can always use better control of the throttle. amazon

gearing is stock, tires are stock.

I bought the bike for the intention of setting it up as a good single/double track woods enduro. There are alot of great places to ride in wisconsin. I was hoping to do it though without getting a bigger tank which would throw off the handling characteristics. I guess im not ruling that out though as of now since I hit reserve at 80miles indicated.

I'll try your settings and see what happens. Most likely I can run an external fuel cell, or a couple 30oz. bottles in the woods, i guess that would get me another 25 miles or so.
That last MPG read was with pretty lazy throttle usage, just burping along.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:01 pm

80 miles on a stock tank is about right.
The 3.1 plastic tank available is just about right.
I got about 140-150 last ride.
Smart to carry a fuel bottle along anyway...
Back to top Go down
quillbro

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

well I tried the 2.3.2.7.6.3 settings.

Really took alot of power out of the bike on the top end, but I no longer have surging/dieing issues up high either.
Pulls fairly good to rev limit but its missing what it "had" before. I think for single track woods riding I'll run previous settings for more power since I wont be droning on the highway. But for all around street riding the 232763 settings work better for all around.

My Fuel economy changed slightly from 50mpg to 55mpg also.

Im not switching out tanks on this bike though. Im pretty much just using it for woods stuff. I have a Dr650 with a big tank i use for long camping trips and such. Although the much higher wattage of the wr250r has me thinking about running full heated gear and such in winter. Not sure yet.

Anyway this forum has been very helpful.

Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 pm

motokid wrote:

See if that helps.

Try 2-3-2-7-6-3

OK motokid, I just tried your numbers tonight. Those #'s are spot on. I'm still running stock gearing till next week. But man, I had a blast around town and even on the highway running 65-75mph. I did about 30 miles on the highway tonight and the rest around town. It's a bike night tonight so a new fuel map gave me a reason to put in some miles and hit all three events. Total mileage on a topped off tank, 64 and I ran it to the red for another mile till I hit my gas station. I had been getting 75-80 miles per (stock) tank. But it wasn't near as peppy and balls out fun. Got any more numbers I can try?
Back to top Go down
canyon63

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 pm

3 - 5 - 0.5 - 8 - 4 - 4

FMF programmer
FMF Megabomb
FMF PowerCore
AIS Removed
Airbox Opened
No-Toil air filter

New plug with 1,000 miles. Seems a bit lean to me, but I'm not sure exactly which setting to change to richen it up across the board. Maybe the 3rd 0.5 to 1?

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 IMG_5911
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 pm

rjudge wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm trying to sort out my WRR and get the FMF programmer set.

The bike:

2008 WRR
FMF Programmer
FMF Megabomb
FMF Q4
Flapper screwed down
K&N Filter

FMF Settings were at 3, 2, 0.5, 8, 4, 4 and it would stall it the throttle was blipped or opened rapidly off of idle.

I changed to 3, 2, 1.5, 4, 1, 2 and the stalling is much better. I'm trying to figure out what setting most affects this stalling off idle. It still has hesitation off idle especially when cold.

Similar mods to me (except I have stock header) and I am having the same issue. I am currently running 2-3-1-8-6-4.

My present theory is the 5th number, which you went from 4 to 1 and noticed an improvement. This is the time delay for acceleration to kick in. Other posts suggest this should be 6 according to mfg to prevent cutouts at cruising at higher RPM. But that means it is waiting longer to add fuel when accelerating, leading to the hesitation.

I also tried messing with the C1 settings, thinking that this may affect the off-idle fuel mixture more than the FMF pp. (https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3769-wr250-r-x-built-in-programmer) I went from -11 stock to 0, +5, +10, and +15. No significant difference in the off-idle bog, especially when cold. I have been trying to figure out if it is a lean bog or a too-rich bog.

I'm going to play with the FMF PP numbers for the next few days to see if I can get any improvement.
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

Does anybody happen to know what the stock setting of the CO mode is? Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 am

pretty sure it varies from one bike to the next.

Mine was -2

Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:44 am

Yeah, I think it is different for every bike. I can't say that it was the stock value as I wasn't the original owner, but I don't think the PO messed with it at all and mine was at -11. I played with different numbers while riding around, and found that +2 felt the best at that time with the mods my bike has (see sig).
Back to top Go down
FTWeather

FTWeather

PostSubject: FMF pg # question   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 am

Just a quick question on the FMF PG ...

If the 3rd number is set to .5 (meaning no fuel added to WOT, I think)... Then does the 6th number (when fuel is added to WOT?) come into play at all?

I have been trying all the great info and others maps and have settled on a set that works great for me so far...was just wondering maybe the 6th number doesn't affect anything if the 3rd is set to .5. .?
If it does, how do those two numbers interact?

Anybody know if my thinking is wrong here? Any replies much appreciated...

Also most maps seem to have the 1st # at 3 and 4th # at 8. For me bike was a little "dead feeling" while cruising and felt more responsive when set to 3.5 (1st) and 4 (4th)... Any known problems with this?

I realize there are many different set ups and options, just looking for a general idea, like keeping the 5th # at 6 or above completely stopped the engine cutting out at higher speed issue I was having (thanks all!)

My Best feeling map so far is 3.5/5/.5/4/6/4.5. With this set up...

2010 WR250R

FMF Power Core
FMF Power Bomb
Flapper/Solenoid removed
AIS removed
K&N Filter
Stock Gearing 13/43
CA bike 300ft above sea level
CO setting +3

Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

FTWeather wrote:
Just a quick question on the FMF PG ...

If the 3rd number is set to .5 (meaning no fuel added to WOT, I think)... Then does the 6th number (when fuel is added to WOT?) come into play at all?

I have been trying all the great info and others maps and have settled on a set that works great for me so far...was just wondering maybe the 6th number doesn't affect anything if the 3rd is set to .5. .?
If it does, how do those two numbers interact?

Anybody know if my thinking is wrong here? Any replies much appreciated...

Also most maps seem to have the 1st # at 3 and 4th # at 8. For me bike was a little "dead feeling" while cruising and felt more responsive when set to 3.5 (1st) and 4 (4th)... Any known problems with this?

I realize there are many different set ups and options, just looking for a general idea, like keeping the 5th # at 6 or above completely stopped the engine cutting out at higher speed issue I was having (thanks all!)

My Best feeling map so far is 3.5/5/.5/4/6/4.5. With this set up...

2010 WR250R

FMF Power Core
FMF Power Bomb
Flapper/Solenoid removed
AIS removed
K&N Filter
Stock Gearing 13/43
CA bike 300ft above sea level
CO setting +3

The first three numbers are how much fuel is added, the second three numbers are various delays to those transitions. I can't remember which ones are which but stuff like how long it waits before adding more fuel when you crack the throttle, stuff like that. You can google around and find out exactly which ones do what, but if you get em wrong you really aren't going to run too rich or too lean, the bike just runs less crisp I guess you could say. Some people prefer that, they prefer it to be a little more mellow. Others like me want it to be super responsive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: FMF Programmer Settings - some improvement   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

My bike mods pertaining to tuning:

All the common mods - no big bore kit.
some good improvement with these popular? settings:

3-4-1-8-6-4.5

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 pm

edit; unnec text rem

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Im having an issue with my bike hesitating when I twist the throttle quickly from idle, it does it everytime untill the bikes totally up to temp and a little bit after its fully warmed up.
If I roll the throttle on a touch untill the revs are up a tiny bit then twist the throttle quickly its fine.
I also have a stalling issue when starting the bike for the first time in cold temps, if its below freezing the bike will start then stalll a couple of times before idling, once runing it works well.
I have a fmf Q pipe with stock header, very open airbox and the fmf programmer, my settings are 3-5-.5-8-6-4
I messed with the settings for a bit today and only made it worse, so I went back to those settings.
The one thing I did that made it a bit better was adjust the idle speed up as high as it will go.
The bike is very rideable im just nit picking it, im basicly riding around my yard trying to make it act up lol.
It may also be a cold weather related issue, as its below freezing here.
Anyone else have these issues?
Do I need to adjust to co setting?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Biglake, based on my experience though only with my one bike, yes, that is what appears indicated.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: NGK Iridium spark plug - no better than stock, IMO   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm

As the title says, the new NGK CR9EIX iridium spark plug did not improve the cold low rpm/low throttle soft spot.

Common widespread web info indicates that the CR9EIX actually HURTS low end torque and esp when cold. Going back to the CR9EK.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

I'll bump up the CO setting next weekend, I wont have time to mess with it untill then, I havent checked it yet so I have no idea what its at right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Recent input from Dobeck   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm

been swapping emails with Matt at Dobeck. will post if any surprises.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am

I mounted my programmer on the bars so I could actually see what's going on while riding. Here are a few thoughts:

The scrolling lights on the FMF PP are not a tach. They seem more like a TPS readout, or possibly a combination of things to give a 'load' reading. They also seem to lag a bit.

The 'timing' that you adjust in settings 4,5,6 is related to this 'load' reading. Again, it seems closely related to throttle position. So adjusting the 5th number lower makes it switch from cruise mode into acceleration mode sooner, or with less throttle. Adjusting the 6th number down means it will switch from accel mode to WOT mode sooner, as LightFoot noted above.

The programmer can only be in one mode at a time, so if you have the 6th number set too low, it will switch from your richened accel mode to the not-so-richened WOT mode at lower throttle positions or lower loads or whatever algorithm it uses to determine the range. This is also the problem with having the 5th number below 6, it seems like it wants to kick into accel mode too soon when you are trying to cruise, so it adds fuel and causes a bog.

To get a nice smooth power curve, the numbers all have to work together with each other. I tried lowering the 1st (fuel added at cruise) number to 2 to maybe bump up the fuel economy, since I spend a lot of time at the cruise range. Also my backpack smelled like rich exhaust after a 45 minute ride. But it made things choppy going from cruise to accel (set to 3), since when it switches modes it suddenly added much more fuel. I didn't want to lower the fuel added during accel, since it pulls really nice where it was set. So you can adjust the timing to make accel kick in under less 'load' but then you run into possible bog issues.

I have my CO set to +2, which was really nice when the temps were 60 to 70 deg F. Now that it is below freezing, I am wondering if the stock ECU is overcompensating and making the base map run richer leading to the smelly exhaust and off-idle bog when it's cold.

Too many things to mess with... I am still playing around with things in an attempt to understand them better and get the best feel out of the bike. dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 pm

dmmcd,

Thanks for input. I didn't know the unit applied only one mode at a time. Your observations of the unit during actual operation cleared up some things for me.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official FI Mapping Area
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next