Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Official FI Mapping Area

Go down 
+122
eram310
Stigy
PrettyRicky218
Knobby
Pint
RkBoss
10fiecd
Alfred Dogman
yanbed
softjeans
Rhys54790
Jremeee
born2ride88
HiQ
soupbowl
beefcakemorris
DutchTerror
2006kj
tp110mx
Evol
JohnnyBeagle
RYDNDRT
Crazy M
RAV1980
motardmixion
LordMDP
honeybadger
rsteiger
Biglake
FTWeather
unoR
dmmcd
canyon63
StreetGhost
quillbro
oops99
rjudge
skrew
foofighter
germanwr250r
weezy
ueyteuor
sr1
rinconrider
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
SM57
BPG
sock monkey
Bikesquatch
Arkmage
Carmmond
KC0514
Drewmugx5t
00PowderSpecial
skidmarx
lesagesix
oic0
mr-cave
bfgjohno
nap
PYG RYDR
DanLap
shep
RT3856
dfrosted
AaronWhitt82
Midnite171
mcwbyu82
wrxpro
soggytire
wifarmboy
onelove
Sproat Sport
mattnadz
SoupSandwich
Mikechicago
oldirt
cuban11182
Simmo
greer
cryptomundo
Ozy
Tammy
Jomamaha
blewwrx
keith_mahoney
ramz
motokid
Matty
andy mac
shoein
Six8
mkearl
pvecchio
skierd
mwagman
jason meacham
deerHater
rpo83
Jäger
mullet2006
Don T
King Wolf
Infra
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
INSTIGATOR
X-Racer
10Cup
canitokintax
sswrx
Broo C em
YZEtc
0007onWR
Longview
ZED
levity
PQRS...
mwakey
asheville thumper
SheWolf
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:44 am

JohnnyBeagle wrote:
does anyone have a PCV map for AIS/EXUP/flapper/airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

I'm running the PCV map for the Graves with the airbox door removed but I feel like it might be too lean and the autotune is a little out of my budget right now

email is bsajeevan@gmail.com
Are you assuming that there would be a difference between maps #1 & #2 ????

#1) AIS/EXUP/flapper/airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

#2) airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

The AIS has nothing to do with anything.
The airbox door being removed negates the flapper mod completely.
The EXUP stuff is moot as well regarding what you are looking for.

Why do you think you're running lean?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
JohnnyBeagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 am

motokid wrote:
JohnnyBeagle wrote:
does anyone have a PCV map for AIS/EXUP/flapper/airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

I'm running the PCV map for the Graves with the airbox door removed but I feel like it might be too lean and the autotune is a little out of my budget right now

email is bsajeevan@gmail.com
Are you assuming that there would be a difference between maps #1 & #2 ????

#1) AIS/EXUP/flapper/airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

#2) airbox door removed/Graves exhaust?

The AIS has nothing to do with anything.
The airbox door being removed negates the flapper mod completely.
The EXUP stuff is moot as well regarding what you are looking for.

Why do you think you're running lean?

Sorry, I was unclear with my request.

The map I'm running is the PCV map from the Dynojet website: 22-043-003 Graves full exhaust, stock air filter.
My bike currently has the Graves exhaust with the airbox door removed and the flapper taped down.

I'm looking for someone's custom map that has been tuned for the Graves exhaust and the airbox door removed and the flapper taped down. Ignore the EXUP/AIS list above, I was just trying to list everything done to my bike.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 am

Why not try the 22-043-006

It's not for a Graves exhaust - but it is for an after-market (Leo Vince) exhaust AND an open airbox.

Custom maps are tough unless the person supplying you with it lives at same altitude and has the same general climate (temp and humidity) as you.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:25 am

I finally got to go for an easy ride yesterday with the new mods.

FMF Programmer
FMF PowerBomb
FMF Q4
Ultimate Airbox Mod
K&N
AIS delete

Programmer settings as per HighFive (3-5-0.5-8-4-4)

Temp yesterday 11c / 52f

Bike was hesitating (bogging?) when I rolled on the throttle (not WOT).

I should add that I still had half a tank of fuel from last November and just topped it up with new fuel at the beginning of the ride (probably didn't help ...) and it was REALLY windy out yesterday.

After a lot of reading, I decided to try out 3-4-0.5-8-6-4 (from 3-5-0.5-8-4-4).

I lowered #2 down to 4 instead of 5
I raised #5 up to 6 instead of 4

Hopefully I can get out on Wednesday for a ride and see how it rides with these new settings....

Last edited by Evol on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tp110mx

tp110mx

PostSubject: New Parts and Mods   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Need help getting this baby dialed in!

Yoshimura RS4
FMF Programmer
K&N Filter
Flapper Screwed Down
Vacuum Removed
AIS Removed

Anyone with similar mods please reply with programmer settings!!

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
2006kj

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:06 am

need some tuning advice here.

2009 wr250x at around 1300 feet above sea level

mods
Ultimate airbox mod
AIS delete
FMF powerbomb header
FMF q4 exhaust
FMF programmer
13/47 sprockets
CO set at +4

Current programmer settings are 3  5.5  .5  8  4  4.5 (steveakus settings)

it pulls very strong but around 6700-7100 rpm's it bogs and hesitates.  which happens to be around 60-63mph in 6th gear on the highway.  When cruising at 60-63 in 6th it will actually bog so much it will almost flame out.

any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:58 am

2006kj wrote:
Current programmer settings are 3  5.5  .5  8  4  4.5 (steveakus settings)
it pulls very strong but around 6700-7100 rpm's it bogs and hesitates.  which happens to be around 60-63mph in 6th gear on the highway.  When cruising at 60-63 in 6th it will actually bog so much it will almost flame out.

Change your 5th setting to a value of 6 instead of 4 and the bogging should be gone. I had the exact same problem.

--------------------------------

I had been running 3-4-0.5-8-6-4 for a couple weeks after my last post and I had noticed something.

Fuel economy is HALF of what it was before the mods. Literally half.
I used to get about 190-200 km's per tank before the light would come on and now I'm only getting 95-100 km's.
I knew it would burn more fuel, but holy crap !!!!
Not the end of the world, but it does mean I can't go far without gassing up at every gas station I see...

--------------------------------

Here's my update after putting on about 2000 km's this summer:

I changed my settings from 3-4-0.5-8-6-4 to 2-3-0.5-8-6-4 (first 2 numbers are 1 lower now) and the performance has gone up.

With the above settings...

Bogging is gone now. thumb 
Front lifts up at stops now. thumb 
Fuel light still turns on around the 100km mark. tough 
My face when I ride --->  Very happy 
 Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
2006kj

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:27 pm

i ended up changing my 2nd setting from 5.5 to 4.5 and my last setting from 4.5 to 4. no more bogging but i think it could run better still. im going to try lowering the last two settings from 4 and 4 to 1 and 1 and see if theres a noticeable difference. makes sense that you would want that fuel sooner rather then later.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 pm

For whatever reason, the 5th number seems to like a value of 6..... This is as per many other riders searching for the same solution to the same problem. I tried it and it worked. Let us know it going down to a value of 1 works for you.
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

I've been digging through, but didn't see exactly what I'm running.  Anyone have some settings they can share with me?  I haven't opened the air box or removed the AIS yet, but I will.  Thanks!

FMF Programmer
FMF Powercore 4
Stock Headpipe
Opened Airbox
AIS Removed
EXUP Removed
No Toil Air Filter
Back to top Go down
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 am

Hello All,

Need some help I have done all the normal mods, except a different air filter. I have not ordered it yet.
AIS Delete
Flapper glued down
Mega bomb hearder
Q4 Exhaust
FMF programmer.

I am currently running the 3-5-0.5-8-4-4 and I tired 3-4.5-0.5-8-4-4. I am still gettng the cutout when giving it thorttle around 59-63 miles an hour. If I let off the gas and then reapply then all is well. Will the new air filter clear this up or should I try a different setting.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am

Read my post above. The 5th value needs to be 6 instead of 4. Try it and let us know how it works for you.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Even with that 5th digit at a 6, my bike still very occasionally cuts out. Usually at the worst time, in 6th gear when trying to merge onto a freeway or something. I know now just to momentarily release the throttle, but it can still be startling.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Mine does it once in a while too when trying to speed slowly up at 60ish mph.

I have the 5th setting on 6, with it lower the bike cuts alot on the road not just once in a while at 60, I never bothered trying it set to 8 tho that may fix the cutout completely. scratch

I dont ride that speed much tho as I stick to back roads with 50 mph speed limits or go 70 mph on the highway, which is why I dont bother messing with the programmer.
Back to top Go down
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:29 am

Evol wrote:
Read my post above. The 5th value needs to be 6 instead of 4. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for the info. I am going to do a little test run with the 5th value at 5, 5.5, and finally 6. I am sure the 6 will be the magic number, but reading about your fuel milage going down sucks.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:14 pm

beefcakemorris wrote:
Evol wrote:

Thank you for the info.  I am going to do a little test run with the 5th value at 5, 5.5, and finally 6.  I am sure the 6 will be the magic number, but reading about your fuel milage going down sucks.

What?

How can slowing down how quickly the the acceration mode kicks in (thats what the 5th value does) hurt fuel milage? if anything it will be better on gas with that setting at a higher # which is a slower setting.

The last 3 settings on the programmer adjust when and how fast it adds fuel not how much it adds.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Exactly... It's the first 3 values that add extra fuel to the mix.

My fuel economy wasn't just from that change. It was comparing a stock bike to a modded one. I did all the mods at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 pm

I went back and reread a bunch of your post, now I get what your talking about lol.

I get 130-150kms per tank with a similar setup on the road or off road on fast easy trails, yours really likes its gas if you only get 100kms per tank.

Does your gas have a lot of ethanol in it? that stuff hurts mpg.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:34 pm

No ethanol.

Another thing that probably isn't helping is the 12oClockLabs SpeedoDRD to correct the speed. That is also playing a factor in my mpg reading.
But yeah, she's a thirsty bitch. dutch
Back to top Go down
soupbowl

soupbowl

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:49 pm

2010 wr250x:
Yoshimura RS4
FMF Programmer
Flapper Screwed Down
Vacuum Removed
AIS Removed
13/48 sprockets

I used to run: 3, 5.5, .5, 8, 4.5, 4.5

If it was hot out (20-40c) my bike was great, I found my last 30% of a gear the bike would take of and rev limit.
At lower temps my bike would have a mid range flat spot. After reading through here a bit , I tried out:

2, 3, .5, 8, 6, 4

The temp here has been 10-14c, The bike run goods, no flat spots but it does not rush to the rev limiter any more.
It actually balanced the bike out compared to what it was before. Better settings for my wife to ride the bike.
I think I will keep tweaking it for myself though.
Back to top Go down
HiQ

PostSubject: Map Request   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 am

Sorry if this has been covered, but I just installed a PCV (fuel and ignition) along with removing AIS, taping flapper down and removing solenoid. I have loaded the PCV M22-043-001.pvm map, but noticed it's pretty basic and doesn't modify ignition at all. Does anyone have a better map for what I have? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 am

HiQ wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered, but I just installed a PCV (fuel and ignition) along with removing AIS, taping flapper down and removing solenoid. I have loaded the PCV M22-043-001.pvm map, but noticed it's pretty basic and doesn't modify ignition at all. Does anyone have a better map for what I have? Thanks!

Is there a reputable dyno near you? Sure it will cost a little money and time but you will be really happy with the end result.
Back to top Go down
HiQ

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:22 am

rsteiger wrote:
HiQ wrote:

Is there a reputable dyno near you?  Sure it will cost a little money and time but you will be really happy with the end result.

I haven't really looked, but I did purchase the AT-200 as well. I'm waiting to hook it up until I get my PB/Q4 setup, but maybe I should just weld the bung to the stock header and use it now? I could always buy another bung for the new PB when I finally pull the trigger on it. I was more looking for something to tide me over until next year on the stock header/exhaust. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Just got the EJK fuel controller in the mail and wanted to get some advice on settings:

2008 WR250X
Stock gearing
Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust
Airbox door removed

I think the consensus I noticed is 3-4-0.5-8-6-4 seems like a good way to go...any input is appreciated!

-Dan
Back to top Go down
born2ride88

born2ride88

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Stock Gearing
550 Ft above Sea Level
Sig Says the rest-- Any input on my numbers for these mods? I kind of just went one notch richer from the stage 1 mod FMF recommended settings (located here)--> http://fmfpowerprogrammer.com/viewproduct.asp?custnumber=014403
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official FI Mapping Area
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next