Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OK need to check it all out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sewerat

OK need to check it all out Empty
PostSubject: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:49 am

So next Monday I will be picking up my new to me WR250R. I plan on making this ride my daily ride for most of the year putting likely close to 20,000kms on it a season. What I would like to do is spend the first couple days looking it over to figure out what the PO has done to it as far as any of the FREE mods go, and if not done what ones I should do. This bike has a skid plate, tail removed, bars, FMF pipe and header, PC V programmer. and not sure what else.

I plan on getting a rear rack for it and bolting on a pelican case for my day to day stuff and put a bit of electrics on it, likely heated grips and a port for vest, along with a power plug for the iphone and/or gps support.

The OEM headlight has been broken on this bike and replaced with some kind of aftermarket one. I might look into getting that replaced with the OEM lens again as I will be riding this bike at night.

So where can I find a quick list of all the must do free or next to free mods?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 am

click here

And read this forum from top to bottom.

The only "free" stuff is AIS removal, airbox mods and/or flapper, and air box door removal.

Since you already have aftermarket exhaust the EXUP stuff is most likely already gone.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Well got it home tonight, looks like there has been no mods done to the air box so that will be first step. Had to put some rear taillights on it so that I can ride it to work in the morning. while i was in there hooked up a wire for heated vest and one for a battery tender.

This little bugger seems to go like stink on the road, even with my fat ass on it..

Gonna see how accurate the speedo is in the morning as it didn't seem to be going as fast as it was reading
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Stock Yamaha speedo is off 7.7%

If gearing has been changed from stock you might be even farther off.

unless there's a speedo correction device on the bike somewhere....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Ok took the night to get the bike up on the hoist and give things a good look over. Wanted to find the Power Commander on it and check out any other mods done. So after giving it all a once over found that the rad fan is gone???? the blade for the fan has dicinegrated the motor is still there but the plastic fan is gone. I am assuming its plastic????

I also put on the new tires and then took and did my air box mods to it. I removed the top, shaved out the flapper valve and opened up the scoop then replaced the top. I know one of these days I will be in deep water so figured I'd try to keep it water tight.

I then made a one sided throw over bag work for the time being to hold a few things.

Any ideas on where I might get a fan blade?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK need to check it all out   OK need to check it all out Empty

Back to top Go down

OK need to check it all out
Page 1 of 1