Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Very Impressed with this bike!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris

Very Impressed with this bike!! Empty
PostSubject: Very Impressed with this bike!!   Very Impressed with this bike!! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:02 pm

I have been thinking of a getting a dual sport for quite some time. I have been lurking on this site for a few months now. A little background: I have been riding since about 8 years old and have had a number of bikes. I'm a "C" rider. My last few bikes were a 94 XR600R and 2000 XR650R. For street I am currently riding a 2007 Ninja 650R. For off road duty, single track and desert racing (retired in 07) I have the Swiss Army Knife of bikes: 05 KTM 300EXC.

I have thought a lot about downsizing but was worried about the power of one of these little 250 Yamis'. I just rode a newer WR250X a few minutes ago back to back with my 650 Ninja. Holy shiznit! I was very surprised at the power of this bike! I took it on the freeway, down the coast, through the hood, etc.

As long as you keep the rpm's up, this little baby has plenty of pep. I have no doubt you can run 80mph all day long in this thing. The bike I rode had nothing more than a little lower gearing, Windham/RM mid bend fat bars, a slip on FMF Q4 and smog stuff removed. No air box mods or power programmer. She had a vey slight flat spot off the bottom end. I have made a decision that the I am getting the WR250R for my next bike. I see why you guys like these bikes so much.

I already talked to my suspension guy. He has no doubt he can make the suspension more than acceptable for offroad duties. My bike will be setup for 80%/20% more for offroad.

Thanks to everyone here who has taken the time to show all the neat stuff you can do to these bikes to set them up just right. When I get mine, I will contribute to the forum as well.

Now I just need to come up with the money…… I am thinking around April - July

Thanks Again
Chris
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Very Impressed with this bike!!   Very Impressed with this bike!! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Get the fuel programmer.
Well worth it. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Very Impressed with this bike!!   Very Impressed with this bike!! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 pm

+1 on the fuel programmer. Makes a huge difference with how it runs.

PostSubject: Re: Very Impressed with this bike!!   Very Impressed with this bike!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Impressed with this bike!!
Page 1 of 1