Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Not Impressed with DRC light, looking for stock bulb

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sewerat

Not Impressed with DRC light, looking for stock bulb Empty
PostSubject: Not Impressed with DRC light, looking for stock bulb   Not Impressed with DRC light, looking for stock bulb EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm

OK so I have owned my R since the middle of November, it already had a DRC tail light installed and shortly after I got it I noticed that most of the LED's were out, so I tried to clean it up with some contact cleaner and the whole thing fell apart inside so I took steps to re-use the stock light and the DRC brackets, worked well but I also ordered a new bulb to replace the one I had toasted. Now I got the bike with a little over 6000kms on it, likely put the new bulb on about 7500kms. The bike now has just shy of 13000kms on it. I have been riding it as much as possible but it has been winter and wet. When I got the new bulb I took all steps possible to silicone any spots that water and debris could migrate into the cover and make the board fail. Well last weekend my wife was out on her bike with me and she told me that one of the banks of LED's were out again, the bottom left side is toast again. SO tonight I decided I am done with trying to use the DRC bulbs I am not going to replace the bulb every couple of months at the cost of over $20 a pop and I am now in search of a second stock tail light bulb cluster. If anyone has one that they are not using please let me know as when the wife's tail light starts to act up I will be replacing it as well. We ride our bikes way too much to have a tail light die on us in that short of a time. baldy baldy

Back to top Go down

Not Impressed with DRC light, looking for stock bulb
Page 1 of 1