Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

More impressed every time in the woods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wilburj

wilburj

More impressed every time in the woods Empty
PostSubject: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I am just getting quite impressed with the R2. My riding mostly consists of the almost 40 mile ride to the ANF trails and then hour after hour of riding the best trails Pa. has to offer. The bike is not exactly a powerhouse, but it has gone every where I have pointed it, just a nice smooth power curve. I am able to ride this bike in a very smooth manner and smooth adds up to pretty fast. So far my biggest challenge is the seemingly unending rock-gardens at the trail, but as long as I can hold on and twist the throttle a little the bike just keeps going. Yesterday I came to one of the most difficult rock hills and found a young man on a honda 250 2 stroke. He was having a devil of a time with all that explosive power. As for me I just sort of went right up, good thing I had a helmet on or he would have seen an old guy smiling ear to ear and would probably have been mad. I have noticed that tires do make a difference. I tried the 606 and honestly I am not sure what all the fuss is about, they worked O.K. but just. I am now running a Bridgestone ED04 and find I am much happier with that tire, also a little less money for the B.S.. I have also notice that since I have gone over 1500 miles the bike is running much better, power wise I mean. I tried the 50 tooth and then dropped to a 47 tooth and left the front alone. This seems to be a very good combo for me in very tight technical stuff. With the smooth power our bike has I am able to run 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time in the tight stuff only needing to drop down to 1st in the really rocky uphills, keeping my momentum up in 2nd or 3rd keeps me going fast and helps to clear obstacles. I also run the suspension on the very soft side, setting the race sag at about 3 inches and then softening up the rebound and compression both ends. This makes for not so good on the highway but in the woods it really soaks up the rough stuff. Well quite a ramble just to say I am becoming more and more pleased with my R2 as a woods weapon as the miles pile up. Also anyone coming to Western Pa drop me a line I would love to show you my part of the world and the ANF trail system. It goes from graded dirt roads to some ATV trails that are sort of cool to some very difficult GNCC class riding. I would be pleased to show you around as long as you do not show me up too badly. wilburj
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Nest time get some ride shots Will, love to see your trail system! thumb

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Racing PA enduro's ROCK LOL
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Tammy wrote:
Racing PA enduro's ROCK LOL

Literally, ROCK. lol

You should come down to my neck of the woods sometime. Bald Eagle SF in Centre/Mifflin/Snyder counties.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Been there done it!. I think I have a race out your way soon.... I'm from North NJ so I know rocks.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 pm

wilburj wrote:
Also anyone coming to Western Pa drop me a line I would love to show you my part of the world and the ANF trail system. It goes from graded dirt roads to some ATV trails that are sort of cool to some very difficult GNCC class riding. I would be pleased to show you around as long as you do not show me up too badly. wilburj

This is an intriguing offer. I have always enjoyed riding PA rocks. The furthest I have been is Paragon Adventure Park in Hazleton, PA. If you would be willing to ride two days in a row, Saturday and Sunday, I would take you up on your offer. Let's talk. More impressed every time in the woods 93746
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 pm

njbill wrote:
wilburj wrote:
Also anyone coming to Western Pa drop me a line I would love to show you my part of the world and the ANF trail system. It goes from graded dirt roads to some ATV trails that are sort of cool to some very difficult GNCC class riding. I would be pleased to show you around as long as you do not show me up too badly. wilburj

This is an intriguing offer. I have always enjoyed riding PA rocks. The furthest I have been is Paragon Adventure Park in Hazleton, PA. If you would be willing to ride two days in a row, Saturday and Sunday, I would take you up on your offer. Let's talk. More impressed every time in the woods 93746
The only problem is on Sunday morning I have to work, but afternoon is usually free, so , what do you think? I pastor 3 small united methodist churches so getting off Sunday is probably not going to happen. But I do take Fridays off. Also I can not understand how the words "enjoy" and "Pa. rocks" can be spoken in the same sentence. Are you sure you enjoy riding rock garden? I am quite impressed and perhaps if we get together you can give me some pointers on rock gardens. Let me know. wilburj
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Nest time get some ride shots Will, love to see your trail system! thumb
If you want to see some pretty fair film of the ANF trail go to you tube and search for anf rock garden, good stuff wilburj
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for the offer, That is mighty nice. I like rocky terrain, not rock gardens. More impressed every time in the woods 619190 Here is a pic of my last ride at Paragon in Hazleton, PA. They had some rock gardens.

More impressed every time in the woods IMAG0047

I might be able to do a Friday/Saturday ride before the end of summer. We are going on vacation early August. When did you have in mind?

wilburj wrote:
njbill wrote:
wilburj wrote:

The only problem is on Sunday morning I have to work, but afternoon is usually free, so , what do you think? I pastor 3 small united methodist churches so getting off Sunday is probably not going to happen. But I do take Fridays off. Also I can not understand how the words "enjoy" and "Pa. rocks" can be spoken in the same sentence. Are you sure you enjoy riding rock garden? I am quite impressed and perhaps if we get together you can give me some pointers on rock gardens. Let me know. wilburj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More impressed every time in the woods   More impressed every time in the woods Empty

Back to top Go down

More impressed every time in the woods
Page 1 of 1