Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A nice Christmas surprise

Go down 
+10
dtx
ejfranz1
sturgeon
malibu_dan
skierd
gatorfan
blueridge72
SheWolf
GusinCA
syspig
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A nice Christmas surprise   A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:36 pm

How much you pay?
Back to top Go down
LukeDuke25

PostSubject: Re: A nice Christmas surprise   A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Congrats! That has quite a bit of aftermarket parts on it that you do not have to worry about. I understand supporting dealers, but that bike came loaded with a lot of $$$ you would have spent on a new one anyways.
Back to top Go down
syspig

PostSubject: Re: A nice Christmas surprise   A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:31 pm

gatorfan wrote:
How much you pay?

$5K. A little higher than other used models I found on the west coast, but the low mileage, impeccable condition, maintenance records and list of pricey updates made me happy with the deal.

LukeDuke25 wrote:
Congrats! That has quite a bit of aftermarket parts on it that you do not have to worry about. I understand supporting dealers, but that bike came loaded with a lot of $$$ you would have spent on a new one anyways.

Agreed...it's amazing how fast all the updates add up. And, more importantly - the updates the previous owner did were right in line with what I'd have done. Just about every option he added, I'd already priced out for new. Not to mention, other than the new IMS 3.1 that's still sitting in in the box - I don't have to do any of the work. thumb

I've only ordered a few items so far, and can't see an immediate need for anything more. My tank bag from my KLR didn't fit (Wolfman Ranier), so I've ordered up a Giant Loop Fandango. I've been eyeballing a Giant Loop Coyote, but given that the bike came with new Wolfman racks (uninstalled, so far), I can likely get by fine with my Ortliebs.

However...I did splurge on one item. Have a GYTR slip-on coming in. I was initially leaning towards the Q4, but the comments here mentioning the nicer quality of the GYTR, along with the ability to retain the stock heat shield helped me pull the trigger on it.
Back to top Go down
syspig

PostSubject: Re: A nice Christmas surprise   A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:47 pm

GYTR arrived - got it installed today. As others have mentioned, the quality is top notch and fit is perfect. Keeping a more or less stock appearance along with using the stock heat shield is a bonus.

I've never heard a WRR/X stock exhaust, as mine came with the Graves insert. The Graves had a tad more bark than I cared for, but wasn't too bad when I kept off the throttle. So, at least coming/going from the house was possible without pissing off the neighbors.

What surprised me about the GYTR - to my ear, it's far less annoying than stock with the Graves insert. My first impression is that the noise is just slightly less, but the tone is nowhere near as nasty. Definitely lower and throatier, without the raspy cackling the Graves gives off when you open it up.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much of a chance to put it through it's paces...not 5 minutes into my test ride, the skies opened up and it's been pouring ever since. Still, the ears and butt dyno are happy - definitely more git up and go than stock with the Graves insert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nice Christmas surprise   A nice Christmas surprise - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A nice Christmas surprise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2