Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stalling issues??

Go down 
+6
PQRS...
wildmotha
motokid
mtb
longtallsally
shawngrodz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

Stalling issues?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stalling issues??   Stalling issues?? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:57 am

My first ride this year the bike ran bad, stalled etc
After a half hour or so it was good so it must have been old fuel
I always say when you have running condition issues change your fuel source, make sure the tank is near empty and buy 91 octane fuel
Crappy fuel causes flame out's
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Stalling issues??   Stalling issues?? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm

[quote="SheWolf"]I've done that right from when I first started riding bikes. You also rev the engines up in big trucks too before downshifting otherwise you grind gears and you won't get the stick into the hole. You have to hit a certain RPM before it will allow the shift into the gear with or without the clutch.[/quot

That;s the first thing you learn when driving a semi. Match engine speed and tranny speed or your fucked. I do the same on a bike to keep everything smoooth!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stalling issues??   Stalling issues?? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:05 pm

thumb deal

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Stalling issues??   Stalling issues?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 am

sswrx wrote:
Glad I finally found this topic. I just took a 75 mile ride on Sat. & had stalling problems almost the whole trip. Stalled at almost every stop in neutral or clutch pulled in. Cold or hot made no difference. If I start it & let it just idle, the RPMs are lower than they used to be, about 1340 to 1490 & it will intermittently start to cut out & then quits. I can restart it & it will run a little then stall again. Has adjusting the idle usually fixed this issue? The bike is currently in stock form. I took all the mods off to isolate the problem. The bike runs fine at any speed & has no issue as long as it's not idling out of gear.

Just wanted to update this issue. I finally fixed the stall out / miss at idle problem & it was something I would never suspect since I had just a shade over 1000 miles on my bike. I found the spark plug to be the culprit. After testing the TPS, APS, injector pulse, & coil. I swapped the plug & it ran perfect. The old plug got to the point where I couldn't even get the bike to start while I was diagnosing. Wasn't fouled or anything, just failed! Anyway, hope this might help someone with a mysterious stall / cut-out issue at idle.

Fredo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalling issues??   Stalling issues?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stalling issues??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2