Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass

Go down 
+56
Jens Eskildsen
Lupin 3rd
DutchTerror
Caldsy
TwoBuells
Biglake
IceWolf
aw113sgte
skrew
LordEndo
hell0men
Coop
cjard
oldmansurfing
Just Bob
A66auto
duanew
TwilightZone
Marylucky
Heoz
gatorfan
ramz
ballisticexchris
GooseR6
dirtyhippie
Nick
DougZ
rydnseek
skidmarx
Midnite171
Stubbz
Jäger
mattnadz
abchel
consolidated
WRoldman
cuban11182
wildbillhatchbac
zerax
taoshum
Tammy
jonny-NITRO
King Wolf
inspector
colorado.warhorse
greer
tblumer
motokid
YZEtc
sswrx
WRRSam
edteamslr
0007onWR
ZED
mtb
SheWolf
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie

dirtyhippie

servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:36 pm

hello all-

Just bought my first wr/x ... Had the CEL and code 17 when i bought it. Servo and exup had already been removed. I did the resistor mod but still have a CEL. My problem is I dont have the servo because it didn't have it on it. My question is.. Is there any way to reset the CEL without finding a servo or mechanic that has a diagnostics machine? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, connect it back up and see if that clears it. thumb

PostSubject: I believe I found the plug!   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello all! I found this sweet little tid-bit while surfing the web today.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109692
Has a post for a plug that would mate up with the male plug when you unplug the EXUP servo.

servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 A_furu10

6 Position .090 Waterproof Connector Female Half.

Fits wires from .5mm - 1.25mm (22 - 16 AWG).

Tough plastic housing with inner seal. Seals on each wire.

Used for ExUP Connector on some Yamahas.
RFW 6P090-Female

RFW 6P090-Female

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...FKWH/fkwh.html

You can use this to connect the SheWolf resistor fix. YOU MUST ORDER 3 to get the base price over $20 or the shipping will be around $300.... If you order 3 the shipping and total is only $25

Must be an issue shipping from China. I believe I may do this, do the SheWolf resistor fix and then fill the open end of the plug with Silicone. That way it is waterproof and quickly unplugged if stock parts need to be reinstalled.

Not sure if we need the Male or the Female half? What do you all think?

cheers
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:08 pm

SABMATIN wrote:
Hello all! I found this sweet little tid-bit while surfing the web today.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109692
Has a post for a plug that would mate up with the male plug when you unplug the EXUP servo.

servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 A_furu10

Used for ExUP Connector on some Yamahas.
RFW 6P090-Female

RFW 6P090-Female

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...FKWH/fkwh.html

You can use this to connect the SheWolf resistor fix. YOU MUST ORDER 3 to get the base price over $20 or the shipping will be around $300.... If you order 3 the shipping and total is only $25

Must be an issue shipping from China. I believe I may do this, do the SheWolf resistor fix and then fill the open end of the plug with Silicone. That way it is waterproof and quickly unplugged if stock parts need to be reinstalled.

Not sure if we need the Male or the Female half? What do you all think?

cheers

That is EXACTLY what I was going to do.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4747-graves-exup-gizmo-knock-off

Since you unplug the male end with the Servos, that is the plug you need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Sweet. Not trying to take your idea. Just figured that the plug with the DIODS/RESISTORS would make a clean alternative to the GRAVES $60+ part that is i am sure the same exact thing.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:30 pm

SABMATIN wrote:
Sweet. Not trying to take your idea. Just figured that the plug with the DIODS/RESISTORS would make a clean alternative to the GRAVES $60+ part that is i am sure the same exact thing.

No problem at all. I was also not going to pay $60 for that damn thing when I know I can make one much cheaper. I was going to make extra since you have to order multiple plugs to get the shipping to a reasonable price. Its all good.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Mine is still the cheapest route and HASSLE FREE! deal

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:03 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Mine is still the cheapest route and HASSLE FREE! deal

Its a hassle if you have to dig out all that silicone to take to back to dealer. deal

Like almost all of my mods, I like to make mine 100% reversible.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Sure if you use silicone. I have tape on mine and it's held up to everything from mud to snow to sand to...well, everything. One pull, the tape cap comes off, plugs right back into the servo. I think there is more work entailed into putting the exhaust sytem back on the bike (and the exup) than what I did with my little resistor. Very happy

dirtyhippie

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, connect it back up and see if that clears it. thumb

Still giving code 17. Ive tried 3 different resistors. Going to Radio Shack now to buy all available resistors that have worked for other people.

Hopefully disconnecting the battery will do it and not have to run to Yamaha Dealer.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm

If that didn't clear it, you'll have to get the servo somehow and reconnect it, clear the code, then shut off the bike, and re-do the resistor. It might be that you can only reset it by plugging the servo back in. :hmmm:

dirtyhippie

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 pm

SheWolf wrote:
If that didn't clear it, you'll have to get the servo somehow and reconnect it, clear the code, then shut off the bike, and re-do the resistor. It might be that you can only reset it by plugging the servo back in. :hmmm:

O dang. Anyone in the western washington area i can rent a servo from for 3 minutes? LOL maybe a yamaha dealership can reset it?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

They could if they have a servo unit in stock. Hopefully someone near you or wants to go for a ride can help you out if they still have theirs from when they gutted that thing off the bike. Be hella cheaper. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Bottom line: THIS MOD WORKS!! thumb deal

Yes, just did this mod today, $1.19 at Radio Shack for 5, and it worked great. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:31 am

thumb wings Awesome, another happy rider.

ballisticexchris

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:43 pm

This may be lame for a first post question, But why can't you just jump the circuit with a plain old wire (instead of a 7.5k resistor)? That's what I did with my Ninja 650R and it worked perfect.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:40 pm

I think that is very likely to work. It seems that shewolf only had a 7.5 ohm resistor, rather than the recommended 7.5k. It is probable that a simple jumper would do the trick as well.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Don't you need some kind of resistance to make the computer think the servo is there?

A straight wire might throw a code.

That's my guess.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: 5 Cent Resistor Robs Power ???   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 am

In this thread, there's a discussion about the 5 cent resistor possibly robbing power.

It's one guy's experience that using a resistor to replace servo plug effects the overall performance and power of his bike.

I know many here have tried the simple resistor trick, so I'm confused as to why somebody would feel a difference in performance while most others don't.

Has anybody that's done the single resistor trick felt a drop in performance?

Shewolf? I know you have the resistor mod in place.

Others? dunno

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Quote :
I know many here have tried the simple resistor trick, so I'm confused as to why somebody would feel a difference in performance while most others don't.
It could be that 'most others' were doing several mods and the effect was not noticed or was obscured by the other mods' effects. Or perhaps 'most others' didn't think to mention the effect or try to look for the effect. Or even 'most others' are not able to detect the effect; ever read up on counter-steering and see how many riders says it doesn't exist?

Now being Mr. Obvious, the OP did specific testing to study the effect and 'most others' might not have had the time nor inclination to test. I didn't. But I thank the OP for pointing it out - it's always nice for me to find out obscure stuff like this about my ride. servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

Can't say I noticed any drop in power having that resistor in there. I know getting rid of all that excess junk and tuning it gave it more...so I'm not gonna go backwards on something I never had any troubles with. Kinda pointless. lurk

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:16 am

Here's Steveakus take on the bypass and performance. Scroll down a few posts past his diagrams to his comment on performance. Link

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am

Steve definitely is one of the best guys when it comes to electronics wizardry. I still stand by my butt dyno that it improves, not decreases. If it's not broken why fix it?

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:37 am

I still have the Yamaha servo motor connected. I simply removed the EXUP cables when I replaced the stock exhaust.

So theoretically, I should have optimum performance if the ECU is taking some kind of reading from the servo.

That's the thought process right?

So by simply disconnecting servo (which throws a CEL code) I should then transition to worst performance possible?

In theory. Right?

Sounds like a wonderful experiment for the next ride-friendly day.

Then the debate over a 5 cent resistor vs. $60 farkle can be waged between other people.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:48 pm

SheWolf, did u see Twilights claim that his Graves bypass delivered performance Gaines over his resister? Motokid linked above. Butt Dyno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass   servo eliminator - Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheapest DIY Servo Bypass
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next