Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Objective full exhaust system comparaison

Go down 
+6
Monkeynuts
Gundy
pbnut
motokid
Just Bob
zinx
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Objective full exhaust system comparaison   Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 am

195CR wrote:
Thanks for setting me straight, I think i will install the Leo Vince X3 Ti exhaust. As far as the flapper valve is it better to remove completely or just tape down? Thanks for your input.

195CR wrote:
i was referring to the AIS removal. Sorry about that.

click me

Think you had it right the first time. Very happy

The AIS is a remove porcess that requires a block-off plate and some caps for hoses and nipples.

The flapper is either a glue down, screw down, tape down, or complete removal.

See link I provided above.

If you want SERIOUSLY better intake performance (and who doesn't) consider just removing the airtbox door completely. wings wings

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
195CR

PostSubject: Full exhaust   Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 pm

AIS block off kit ordered, Graves EXUP eliminator ordered, Leo Vince X3 full race Ti exhaust ordered. My next question is about installing the aftermarket lowering link. Does it make it handle that much better and is it worth the cost. Mine is the X model and will only be street ridden. Thanks for your input. wink
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Objective full exhaust system comparaison   Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:45 pm

195CR wrote:
My next question is about installing the aftermarket lowering link. Does it make it handle that much better and is it worth the cost. Mine is the X model and will only be street ridden.
Depends how you ride, and how tall you are.
I've talked to Dave at Fast Bike Industries about the suspension on this bike. He is of the opinion that these bikes (at least the X's) come with too much rear ride height. I tend to agree. The high rear end causes the front end to feel nervous over some rough terrain (enough to scare the hell out of me once, and crash me another). I sent my shock out for rework, and when it came back the OEM ride height adjustment was turned all the way in (lowest position). I "corrected" that and installed it back in the bike. When I told Dave about it he said, "Nay. Put it back," and that's when I learned about the high rearend.

Since then the bike has felt much more planted on rough pavement. Turn-in hasn't been affected drastically, though I did notice it was oh-so-slightly slower.

I take my bike to the kart track occasionally and it's a blast. It's stable, and it's still a lightweight supermoto so you can't go wrong. I really need to get the forks redone though...

With the lowering link you're going to lose a good deal of rear ride height. That would make turn-in pretty slow compared to what you're probably used to (riding it stock). To combat this you'd have to lower the triple clamps on the fork tubes to bring in some of that rake and trail.

My opinion:
If you like a quick handling bike forget the link; use the OEM adjustment.

If you're lacking in the inseem, go ahead, give it a go, but keep in mind the adjustments you may need/want to make elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Objective full exhaust system comparaison   Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:58 pm

195CR wrote:
AIS block off kit ordered, Graves EXUP eliminator ordered, Leo Vince X3 full race Ti exhaust ordered. My next question is about installing the aftermarket lowering link. Does it make it handle that much better and is it worth the cost. Mine is the X model and will only be street ridden. Thanks for your input. wink

The lowering link is for lowering the seat height of the bike.
As in, your legs are too short to hold the bike up with confidence at stop lights and such, so you lower the rear with the link.

It's not for improving handling.

If you can sufficiently and confidently hold the bike up in real-world situations, there's no performance or handling advantage to adding the lowering link.

IMHO

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Objective full exhaust system comparaison   Objective full exhaust system comparaison - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Objective full exhaust system comparaison
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2