Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.

Go down 
+8
motoman250f
ekahwaty
X-Racer
MeefZah
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
motokid
gatorfan
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. Empty
PostSubject: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. 90 % of the bridge anyway...enjoy :)
https://youtu.be/w_tZM8R-fTY
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 pm

You got some set of balls. What was the wind like? Get yourself a GoPro for some HD vid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks...I have some more vids and I'm really getting better and better. I haven't been on here in a while, but I'll try and start sharing more with everyone. And yes, I need a gopro bad, just money holding me back. Next up, seat stander wheelie over that bridge at nightime ;-)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm

eeek

bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm

...share it but wear some, uh, protection kid. beater
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah I know I need to wear more protection. I have a nice textile jacket that I bought, I feel a little restricted in it though, I'll start wearing it more. That day I just happened to be leaving the beach and it was nice out...no excuse I know. I need to get Kevlar reinforced jeans ASAP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 pm

gatorfan it was a little windy at the top. You can tell I was being blown around quite a bit while I was trying to straiten and smooth it out around the long turn, after the standup portion of the wheelie.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

What gear where you in...I am old and dumb. Just did all the mods this winter and can't wait to get the front up at 50mph WOOT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm

I started it in 3rd, and then once a rounded the bend standing up in 3rd, I sat down and clicked it into 4th! I was right around 45 when I bounced it up, and was probably cruising around 55 maybe 60, for the duration.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:41 am

I think your video title is wrong.

It should read "Fucking Awesome Wheelie..."

I liked how at about 1:20 you looked at the camera and nodded a few times. When you set it down it sure looked like you were about to veer right, right into the concrete barrier! eeek
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:54 pm

That oughta give the tourists something to talk about. Nice job...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks guys! I shall do it again someday, and throw in some combos!
Back to top Go down
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 pm

TimdogWR wrote:
Thanks guys! I shall do it again someday, and throw in some combos!

If we are going to watch a longer wheelie you better throw in some hot dogs and popcorn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 pm

haha On my face book I have a vid of a 3 mile + long wheelie...now that one gets boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 am

The other day I did a 6 minute long wheelie, which included a freeway change over a ramp/bridge connector with a loooong turn involved, and I passed a group of 20 harley riders in the slow lane in the process....1 wheel the whole way, it was fuv$ing incredible, I amazed mysef. The harley group was trippin' out when I passed them all, from the last guy in the pack to the first guy in the pack, wheelied right by em' all!
Back to top Go down
motoman250f

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Pretty cool!, take care of yourself man. I've seen that turn bad before and usually you find your limits the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:13 pm

2 weeks after i got my WR brand new back in 08 it was almost trashed because my buddy, who was on a KLX in front of me, took one back too far. I had to play dodge the sliding mangled motorcycle and body. His t shirt was no match for the pavement and he couldn't sleep on his back for a month. Not to mention the reckless driving fine and shame of wrecking in front of a park FULL of people.

Shit happens, don't forget that. Excellent wheelie though thumb
Back to top Go down
195CR

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 pm

What is your sprocket combination? Excellent wheelie!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 pm

12 front 43 rear!
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 am

Nice work. I'd want some to be in some leather for that one.
Back to top Go down
indypup

indypup

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 am

MeefZah wrote:
When you set it down it sure looked like you were about to veer right, right into the concrete barrier! eeek

+1 I was thinking the same thing and wondered if that's why the video stopped. :(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:30 pm

No way that's not why the vid stopped, I just shortened the vid. Next time I'm gonna do a one footed seat stander over it, and put my right foot over the barrier at the top of the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.   Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge. Empty

Back to top Go down

Me doing a wheelie over San Diego's Coronado Bridge.
Page 1 of 1