Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman E-10 Install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_beat

Wolfman E-10 Install Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Does anyone have pics of these bags on their bike, or even better; and install? I read that drilling was necessary for this model?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
iiideuces

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 am

Drilling? Lies.
Wolfman E-10 Install UUWFZ
Wolfman E-10 Install Mj5dW
Sorry but I do not have any photos showcasing the E10 specifically. The install was very simple.
Back to top Go down
mr_beat

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 am

thanks! I went for the e-12 that is listed new on their site. I will post pics !
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:14 am

mr_beat wrote:
thanks! I went for the e-12 that is listed new on their site. I will post pics !

I'd really like to see those mounted E12 pics!
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Couldn't wait, decided on the E12s, ordered a set today. none in stock at my local store, so I'll have to wait a couple weeks. Will post photos when installed.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:08 pm

E-12s mounted, very pleased:

Wolfman E-10 Install 7908466578_c09016ecda_c

Wolfman E-10 Install 7859278040_96b3bff395_c

Also mounted a Wolfman Enduro Tool Bag on WRR on the headlight cowl for tire-change stuff. Works great.

Wolfman E-10 Install 7857734274_2ccbc404b5_c

Wolfman E-10 Install 7859274372_874171bcc3_c

Made a white plastic cover for the Velcro, for when the bag isn't needed. Need to figure out the strap management
Back to top Go down
Sewcrates

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Can't see for certain from the pic, did you wrap the bottom straps around the buddy pegs?

I am trying for a better fit for mine. Melted mine a little on the last ride because the heat shield was smashed against the pipe by the bag.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Sewcrates wrote:
Can't see for certain from the pic, did you wrap the bottom straps around the buddy pegs?

I am trying for a better fit for mine. Melted mine a little on the last ride because the heat shield was smashed against the pipe by the bag.

Sorry, I just saw your post. I'll take photos and post soon. I haven't noticed any heat issues at all with mine.
Back to top Go down
Sewcrates

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:06 pm

No problem, thanks for the reply!
I re-installed the buddy peg on the muffler side, added a pipe clamp to keep the shield off the muffler, and added 6 layers of insulating tape from the auto parts store. So far, no major heat issues. Hopefully, I won't have a repeat melt-down. These bags are perfect for my usage, so I am glad to finally have a reliable method. Eventually, I may rig up a stand-off bracket to preserve my heat shield.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:24 am

Wolfman E-10 Install 8035819800_698a1b9344_c

WRR Wolfman E-12 strap

Wolfman E-10 Install 8035819568_f4365531fb_c

I checked again today, after riding a full-tank without stopping. As soon as I shut off the engine, I can lay my hand on the heat shield with no discomfort. There are no signs of heat damage on the exhaust side bag. Some paint has been worn off the plastic shield from dirt getting under combined with vibration.

When I carry extra gasoline in aluminum camp stove fuel bottles, it is always on the left side, as a precaution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-10 Install   Wolfman E-10 Install Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman E-10 Install
Page 1 of 1