Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gundy

Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 Empty
PostSubject: Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4   Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Megabomb+Q4 without insert+PCV (map: Leo,no air lid,no spark arrester) = THERE IS THE POWER

Without ear plugs it would have been intolerable, and it sounded like a helicopter at stop lights (actually seemed louder at idle), but it made me realize these FMF systems are really designed to be run unplugged. There was enough lowend power to tiptoe through neighborhoods at low rpm, and at mid/hi revs it had a deeper smoother sound, although it was definitely louder overall. Much better power everywhere. I could see myself using this setup on street-only rides. Much too loud for the woods though :(

Powercore 4 users: how is the power/sound with the smaller diameter insert 1-1/8"? I am thinking that might be my quiet performance solution.

Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4   Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 am

I don't know what diameter a PC4 is stock, but it is very LOUD. Way too loud for my tastes. Mine came with one and after riding it home I immediately went back to stock. I noticed a difference in power but the noise level is just unacceptable in my opinion, way too annoying for me and other people on-road or off-road.
Back to top Go down
Gundy

PostSubject: Re: Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4   Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:28 am

I put the smaller diameter insert into the Q4 and it definitely quieted it down a lot, at the expense of some higher rpm throttle response/power. I'm thinking the smaller insert could also quiet down the PC4 to an acceptable level, but maintain just a touch more power than the Q4 did with the same insert. But then again, maybe I t is just too loud either way. I am a fan of quiet bikes, but with this 250 it's very tempting to milk every possible hp.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4   Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am

I agree. I liked the extra power but could NOT stand the noise level. I did not think of different cores until I had already sold it haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4   Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rode without the Q4 insert today and question about the PC4
Page 1 of 1