Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta_T

Delta_T

Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) Empty
PostSubject: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm

I did my M exit exam this morning and I passed cheers

I have been driving motorcycles since 1989 but emigrated to Canada a couple of years ago.
And you have to redo all the tests because they don't have an agreement with my country of birth. Bureaucracy. GAHHHH I am glad to get that out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Good deal. I don't know about Canada but in the USA you'd be in the minority for sure.

Last motard gathering I went to here in Houston I was the only one of 8 that showed up that actually had a license. I doubt most of them had insurance either. Of course, I just got my license earlier this year after riding on/off for 10 years without one.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Its a good feelin, knowing you're allowed to be there.
At least I had lots of trails, sandpits and a small mx track to entertain me, till I was legal.

...Now my brother(50) just bought his first bike in almost 30 years...2000 Honda CBR 600 f4.
He's needs to get his moto endorsement again, and all the regular legalizing too...it's driving him nuts.
He's even talkin bout going to the dirt road that leads to the pit, just to say he did...but I'm talkin him out of it...hard to have patience with a machine just sittin there, beggin to go.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Good deal. I don't know about Canada but in the USA you'd be in the minority for sure.

Last motard gathering I went to here in Houston I was the only one of 8 that showed up that actually had a license. I doubt most of them had insurance either. Of course, I just got my license earlier this year after riding on/off for 10 years without one.

You're kidding eeek I don't think you can get away with that here. I couldn't insure it without at least an M1 (license come in 3 stages). Even when registering the bike I needed to show my license.
And I wouldn't dare driving without papers. Hell, they'll kick me out of the country for sure (not). I still have to do my citizenship exam so I a taking it slow with breaking laws and such. wink

mucker wrote:
Its a good feelin, knowing you're allowed to be there.
At least I had lots of trails, sandpits and a small mx track to entertain me, till I was legal.

...Now my brother(50) just bought his first bike in almost 30 years...2000 Honda CBR 600 f4.
He's needs to get his moto endorsement again, and all the regular legalizing too...it's driving him nuts.
He's even talkin bout going to the dirt road that leads to the pit, just to say he did...but I'm talkin him out of it...hard to have patience with a machine just sittin there, beggin to go.

Yeah, you're right, feel like a real man again lol. It is very frustrating though. I guy half my age telling me I did something wrong (lane positioning) I could've been his pops. Bureaucracy in general aggravates me (to say the least) and we are currently bombarded with rules, regulations and red tape GAHHHH
Not only the whole drivers license thing (car too) but especially emmigrating to Canada is a nightmare. And we still have to do an exam for which I actually have to study. Canadian politics, history, geography etc..
And we have a Country Inn, and you can imagine that there are a lot of rules to comply. Liquor licencing, water sampling, fire and health inspections etc.. etc..
And all I want is to be left alone, that's why I moved in the first place, haha.

As for your brother, doesn't he just have to do his written M2 to be able to hit the road? Maybe laws are different in NS
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Delta_T wrote:
You're kidding eeek I don't think you can get away with that here. I couldn't insure it without at least an M1 (license come in 3 stages). Even when registering the bike I needed to show my license.

Well, down here you can get insurance without a license. There is an option on progressives paperwork for "No Motorcycle Endorsement". I just checked that box and got insurance.

When we go to register they check insurance not license.

Many folks down here buy a bike, never transfer the title, never register it, never insure it, etc... they just ride until they sell the bike without a title a few years later. It's really quite a shame. I think insurance, registration, and inspection fees for each of my bikes runs me maybe $150/yr. Seems like if you can't afford that you can't afford to own a motorcycle to begin with.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm

I think in NS, he will write and do a practical test...to get a New motorcycle endorsement on his driver license, for minimum 1 yr.
I took a safety course for about $500, which gave me my license and New driver restrictions were waved after 30 days.
His route will leave him unable to drive after dark, no passengers, and zero tolerance for a year.
He used to have a motorcycle endorsement back in the day...but that's a long story.

...and if it wasn't for red tape...the canadian flag would fall apart...heheh
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:09 am

mucker wrote:

...and if it wasn't for red tape...the canadian flag would fall apart...heheh

Canuckistani poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)   Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeeaah, I've got my full M license (again)
Page 1 of 1