Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

License bracket

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcLegacyGT

MarcLegacyGT

License bracket Empty
PostSubject: License bracket   License bracket EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 am

Hey guys, I was wondering if removing that ugly thing that hold the license plate and brake light and replacing it with an aftermarket license bracket is legal? I live in Canada and i know legislations may be different on this subject vs USA or other country but i really want to remove it cause it looks awesome without it. Anyone having trouble with cops? Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

License bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: License bracket   License bracket EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 am

yes you can replace the original plate holder. It doesn't need to be approved by the tüv (in Europe), so you can just make your own or install an aftermarket one. however to be legal it needs to be at a 30° angle (again this is European law, not sure about Canada/US). I have made my own with some aluminum strips, cheap and easy. Mine isn't set at 30° but closer to 40°, but when I was at the regular tüv check last year he said it was ok, because if it were at 30° it would risk getting ripped off by the wheel. As long as it can be seen properly from behind it's fine. Plus since it's flexible aluminum I can just bend it over more if a cop complains.

The brake light is a different issues, here anyway. you are not allowed to install lights that don't have the tüv logo on it. so when buying aftermarket that's something you need to look out for, to make sure it's approved.
Back to top Go down

License bracket
Page 1 of 1