Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stock seat?

Go down 
+9
Just Bob
mwalker
MOTO134
sturgeon
mudmojo
Prairieparson
Delta_T
Coop
shep546
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coop

Coop

Stock seat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 am

Technically that discount is only to be used if you are a forum member at ADVrider.com. Probably why none of us posted it here before. I actually emailed Seat Concepts last week and asked about discounts and they told me about it. I hope to order a seat soon from them.
Back to top Go down
mudmojo

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 am

Coop wrote:
Technically that discount is only to be used if you are a forum member at ADVrider.com. Probably why none of us posted it here before. I actually emailed Seat Concepts last week and asked about discounts and they told me about it. I hope to order a seat soon from them.

Yup I'm a member there and figured most of us follow on the WR mega thread there even though it's horribly condensed.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:29 pm

That thread is hard to search it's so long. I found this site out of frustration after trying to search that ginormous WR250R Mega thread after I bought my WRR in February. Very happy thumb .
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 am

Just put a little over an hour on my new Sarg. Seat. I can give it my highest endorsement. ITS ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Plenty of support, not too hard, not too soft, just right. No pain or discomfort at all after sitting for over an hour. Its a bunch of green but well worth it.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Stock seat was bothersome after too long in the saddle. My solution was to wear some padded bike shorts. I got these for $20 and it has made a considerable difference. A little padding is also nice in the event of an unplanned meeting with the ground.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah padded cycling shorts help a lot on longer rides. I always wear lycra/spandex shorts instead of underwear when I ride. They really reduce "monkey butt", especially on hot days.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 am

So... not quite sure how everyone installed these things so easily I feel like a moron.

First I tried a regular staple gun, wouldn't take.

Then I borrowed a friends electric one that is powerful enough to put a T50 staple into hardwood...still wouldn't hold up in the plastic with 1/4" t50's.

I got fed up and called a few upholstery places... some guys quoted me $70 or $80 just to staple it to the freaking pan... I finally found a place that will do it for $40... should be done tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Air stapler is the only way to go. You can buy one at Harbor Freight very cheap. I use a Craftsmen but only because back when I bought mine years ago there were no HF stores in my area and I needed it that day.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I used to have an air compressor but I sold it since I never used it... :(

Wasn't going to buy another compressor plus staple gun just for this seat.

I dunno why seatconcepts doesnt just get new pans made and charge an extra amount for them.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 pm

You could have paid them $20 to install it for you.

Also if they sold them as full seats the price would easily double. Then you are in Corbin and Sargent price ranges.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 pm

I live in Canada so removing my seat pan, mailing it to them with all the shipping times and cost would be a little too much :(

I have a hard time seeing how a plastic pan could cost that much to produce.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 pm

I do. They sell a lot of seat kits. Can you imagine the overhead of having pans for every seat kit they sell? Yamaha only sells full seats for the WR250R, not just the pans, I checked when I bought mine because I thought of mounting it to it's own pan for easy seat changes back and forth. Plus the labor costs of installing the foam and covers. It would easily double the price if they did that. I'd rather pay $160 and install it myself Very happy . It really is easy, I'm sorry you struggled with it. You just need the correct tools. They even tell you in the install instructions you need a pnuematic stapler to do it.

Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah I figured I would just go straight to the upholstery guys and have it done but a few people online said they managed it was just a regular hand operated stapler... no idea how they did it though haha
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm

They must look like a body builder LOL. I've tried before on dirtbikes with a regular stapler and that's why I bought the pneumatic. Seems like every bike I own at some point I change the seat cover haha.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 am

Here she is all installed, took her for a run in the mud felt great... didn't notice I brought a piece of a bush home with me too!

Stock seat? - Page 2 8BOq0
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm

So Shep,

Does it seem as good as the testimony's say on the new seat or is it too early to tell? I have a week long trip coming up in the interior of Gaspe and am thinking I should upgrade my seat to the SC. It looks like it arrived pretty quickly for you as well. I am also in Canada- N.B.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat?   Stock seat? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock seat?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2