Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag

Go down 
+5
malibu_dan
turboedmsp
SheWolf
edteamslr
Jäger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag Empty
PostSubject: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:33 am

Psych!!!

Okay, I really did intend to do a review of the Explorer Lite Tank bag, and I will do one. But it is 2230 H. and I have a three hour drive ahead of me and a very long day tomorrow wearing a silly suit, so for now you're just going to have to settle for a few quick pics from the day's ride.

Welcome to my world...

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 111

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 210

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 310

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 410

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 510

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 610

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 710

See... there's a tank bag!
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

That makes my local fields look like a concrete multistorey carpark!

Very nice indeed - did you have enough fuel for that ride?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am

Great shots, Rick! thumb Yeah...males Vermin look cold and ugly. Wait....it IS cold and ugly. dddog

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:34 am

wow!! that is beautiful.. Where is that?
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Jäger wrote:
Welcome to my world...

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 210

No offense, but...you suck. lurk
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:01 am

malibu_dan wrote:
No offense, but...you suck.

I do?

Hmmmm....

Does this make you like me better?

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 810

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 910

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 1010

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 1110

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 1210

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 1310

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag 1410
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:10 am

edteamslr wrote:
Very nice indeed - did you have enough fuel for that ride?

No. In fact the fuel issue limited the extent of how far I could get into the back country. I had to deke back out to the highway to get some rather questionable fuel at one point - and most places around here, that isn't even an option. All the pumps are in the towns, and the towns are a long ways apart. Going to have to resolve that fuel issue. Nothing around here to have logging/development roads offering you loop rides through the mountains that are 200 or miles long.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:14 am

turboedmsp wrote:
wow!! that is beautiful.. Where is that?
Very southeast corner of British Columbia, once called "the Serengeti of North America".

Montana is about about 45 minutes to the south, Alberta is about an hour east. Montana is basically more of the same.

Pretty tough to beat for flyfishing, hunting, and riding.....
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm

I am resurrecting this old post as the original got side tracked and away from the topic. Can anyone comment on the Explorer Lite Wolfman tankbag? Wanting to find out if it is too big for my WR with IMS 3.0 gal tank. Seems to be some differing opinions on the interweb and I am hoping to hear from someone who has this on their WR. Does it stay in place in off-road two track and woods road situations. I would be looking at going with the 4 point attachment system. Reason I am considering this one is because my supplier is out of stock on the Enduro Tank Bag.
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey Jager, is that Johnston's Canyon in the fourth pic in your first post?

Pete
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Those are some very nice photos! Good eye for framing those shots, you should be a photographer.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 am

I guess those great photos are distracting folks from the topic at hand. Any comments out there on the Wolfman Explorer Lite tankbag in terms of suitability for the WR?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I have both a Wolfman Enduro and an Explorer Lite. My WRR has the 3 gallon tank. I test fit the Explorer Lite on the bike, and while it looks like it would work, it does hang onto the seat quite a bit, plus it covers the entire gas cap. I chose to mount the Enduro, which leaves the fuel cap vent hose free and doesn't interfer with my legs when standing.

The Explorer Lite is MUCH bigger, and expandable as well. It would work well for street use.

Both bags have very secure mounting straps and would not fall off or shift.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:25 am

Looks like between Banff and Jasper AB, but then I rode all threw there a few years back on my HD bagger, maybe Kananaskis, now Im guessing hahaha cheers
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 10:15 am

Fiftygrit wrote:
Looks like between Banff and Jasper AB, but then I rode all threw there a few years back on my HD bagger, maybe Kananaskis, now Im  guessing hahaha cheers

As per earlier in the thread:

Jäger wrote:
Very southeast corner of British Columbia, once called "the Serengeti of North America".

Montana is about about 45 minutes to the south, Alberta is about an hour east.  Montana is basically more of the same.

Pretty tough to beat for flyfishing, hunting, and riding.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag   Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviewing the Explore Lite Tank bag
Page 1 of 1