Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

radiator fan relay location?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rodskies

radiator fan relay location? Empty
PostSubject: radiator fan relay location?   radiator fan relay location? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 am

I've always been curious why my radiator fan has never come on. After the hot summer weather caused my fuel pump to start leaving me stranded randomly; i decided to finally investigate why I've never seen or heard this fan come on. The fan powers up if I hook it up directly to the battery (and its not silent either), so I know the fan works. The techs and my local shop suggested that I unplug the temp sensor and short it out, which should trip the fan to come on. Tried that and the bikes' temp warning light came on along with an error code but no fan action... hmm. Does this mean the fuse and/or relay could be bad? I know where the fuse holder is, but where might I find the relay for the fan? I saw a couple threads where fellow riders found theirs' to be burned out, but no specifics.

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

radiator fan relay location? Empty
PostSubject: Re: radiator fan relay location?   radiator fan relay location? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm

your relay is near your battery, back shroud, left side...there are two fuses for the relay circuit, one for the fan motor and one for the coil of the relay (both 7.5 A)...good luck...
Back to top Go down

radiator fan relay location?
Page 1 of 1