Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Questions about 13t,48t setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SOUTH of HEAVEN

Questions about 13t,48t setup Empty
PostSubject: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Guys, I just ordered a 13/48 setup from Renthal w/ a 120 link X link chain. I have 2 questions: Do i need larger sprocket bolts, countershaft spacers or mods to the stock chainguard? Also I ordered an X LINK chain, should I have stuck with an O ring style? I ride 60% off and 40% on.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:31 pm

No. You need nothing else. All stock parts will work fine with 13/48.

UNLESS.......

Mostly it depends on the rear sprocket you bought.
If it's countersunk drilled for bolts or not.

The 48t I got had both countersunk holes and standard holes - so I was able to use stock Yamaha sprocket bolts to mount aftermarket sprocket.
(I did not buy renthal though....)

You'll be needing to cut chain if you got 120 links.

x-ring is fine.

No mods needed to chain guard.

I did not need any spacers or nothing.

Bolt on, cut chain to length, enjoy with big shit-eatin' grin. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SOUTH of HEAVEN

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks! This is by far the most active(model specific) forum Ive been a member of. The KTM RC8 forum is pitiful. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Bottom line is - do you have any clue if the Renthal sprocket comes with countersunk mounting holes, or standard? Or both?

What part number and/or where did you order it from?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SOUTH of HEAVEN

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I bought it from Motosport.com. I dont see the part number. Its called RENTHAL chain and sprocket kit.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 pm

My 48 tooth sprocket came in with c/s holes. I just flipped the sprocket over and used my stock bolts.
Back to top Go down
SOUTH of HEAVEN

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

The new gearing is great! I'm at 13/48 now. The accel is definitely more peppy but shorter (obviously!). It really didn't take a lot off my top end speed either. She's still happy to run right around 75 (GPS) on the highway. Actually even low 80's is still attainable without over revving. I did some light trails and it was really an improvement. I'm getting new tires also, cant wait! D606 rear and T63 front.......The only downside I found with the 13/48 gearing is that your speedo will be off by 15mph or higher. That's okay with me though, I use a Garmin anways.............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about 13t,48t setup   Questions about 13t,48t setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about 13t,48t setup
Page 1 of 1