Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My X with R wheels

Go down 
+3
r6realtor
Wieb27
matt675
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt675

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 am

Just some pictures of my X with wheeling cycle R wheels. Forrest shipped it with tires mounted and stock rotors and a sprocket, spacers, bolts and everything. Pretty easy direct swap between my X and R wheels. Using stock chain now with 44 tooth so that I can swap between my 2 wheels without a new chain, but eventually want to get a new chain with sprocket combo. Do you guys know where I can get some at a good price? Thanks

My X with R wheels 22710

My X with R wheels 23910

My X with R wheels 22810

My X with R wheels 24010
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 am

Looks awesome. I'm mounting a set of Warp9 rims (black) on my X hopefully this weekend.

While I can't help you with your sprocket question, can I ask you where you got your bar mirrors? They look identical to a set of bar end mirrors I got off of eBay for another motorcycle of mine but I can't tell for sure.
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 pm

does look good!
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Do you have any major reasons to use the X wheels? Does it really make that much of a difference riding on the street? I have an X and have been thinking about trading my x wheels for some r wheels. I would just buy a set but I don't have the cash to shuck out for that and I'm dying to ride some trails. Unless your riding track, which these bikes aren't ideal for, I would think the R wheels suffice on the road. Would you agree?
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Looks good, How's the fitting with that header & muffler?
Back to top Go down
matt675

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am

Jakerb - I agree that you don't need X wheels to ride on the street and R wheels are plenty capable. I come from riding sport bikes and like to lean pretty good from corner to corner, I am not sure if I feel comfortable riding like that with R wheels, and with X wheels its just a lot more fun on the street. Plus I am kind of short so with X wheels I can at least touch the ground. I got the R wheels to do some adventure/trail riding this summer. I thought about just doing that with my X wheels and putting some dual sport tires on like the Avon Distanzias, but again I am not too sure how comfortable I would be on the trails with X wheels. You will never know what you will come across riding off road. It took me 3 years to pull the trigger on the R wheel set. Hope it was worth it.
I would say if you can't afford both set and you really want to go trail riding, keep your X wheels and get some dual sport tires and try them out. I am not sure what type of riding you do but it might surprise you how well the X does on the trails. I used to take mine all the time on the trails and it did surprisingly well, and I had stock tires on them. I just avoided spots with lot of sand and mud. If you find yourself needing more traction then yeah you might want to get some R wheels and can do more serious off road. You will be fine on the street too. I just don't want you to regret getting rid of your X wheels.

UnoR - No problems or issues whatsoever. Very happy with them.
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for the great reply. I'm going to end up trading for some R wheels. If I find myself wishing I still had some supermoto wheels, I'll just buy a set just like I would of bought a set of R wheels thumb
Back to top Go down
N8

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 am

I did the same thing recently. Bike looks great!
Back to top Go down
aw113sgte

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 am

Jakerb wrote:
Do you have any major reasons to use the X wheels? Does it really make that much of a difference riding on the street? I have an X and have been thinking about trading my x wheels for some r wheels. I would just buy a set but I don't have the cash to shuck out for that and I'm dying to ride some trails. Unless your riding track, which these bikes aren't ideal for, I would think the R wheels suffice on the road. Would you agree?
I have both X and R sets. There is a huge difference between them. The bike feeling changes completely and with the X wheels it's willing to change direction faster. Sure you CAN go fast on the correct 21/19 tires but it is like driving a pickup truck around a road course, it just doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My X with R wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X with R wheels   My X with R wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

My X with R wheels
Page 1 of 1