Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

bike stall/cut out after fmf install

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jibjaws

bike stall/cut out after fmf install Empty
PostSubject: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:47 pm

hi i m new to this forum but have been using it as a resource for some time.
here is my problem...i did flapper mod and had good results, then i installed fmf power cor 4. Now my bike stalls out sometimes on start up or when i crack the throttle.
i assume it is now running to lean, and have ordered fuel programer.
has anyone else had this problem? i thought the fmf exhausts could be used with factory settings. is something wrong with my poor wr?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 am

Mine did that with a q4 and fmf programmer untill I richened up the CO setting, do a search on how to adjust the CO theres a lot of little steps to it but its easy.
The fmf/any dobeck programmers dont add any fuel at idle or just above it you need to fine tune that area with the CO setting.
This will fix the stalling but you still need the programmer to richen up the mid range.
Back to top Go down
jibjaws

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Ok. Thank"s biglake, i'll look into that.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm

X2 on advise from Biglake..... Also some slight tweeks of the TPS base line might be needed - which can also help to richen the idle mixture and reduce such problems. ( Also just a simple adjustment of the base idle speed could help if it's at the lower range of the recommended specs - but best to adjust idle speed after the TPS has been set ).

Anyway if you can please check to see what your bike's current CO & TPS settings are at from factory - as this may give an indication of how much these 2 factors could be effecting your stalling condition..... I have added the link below of a very good thread from this site about how to check / adjust the TPS.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5568-throttle-on-off-at-idle

Also if you find that your TPS does in fact require a slight adjustment - then i would very strongly suggest and highly recommend to replace the stock NGK spark plug with a High performance NGK Iridium plug, as this will also help with more efficient combustion etc.
( As to adjust the TPS you will have the fuel tank removed - so now is the time to access & up-grade the spark plug ).

Ok, so check into the above and report back please mate with your factory settings.

Cheers, Gavin.
Back to top Go down
jibjaws

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Wow, lots of new information.....i love this forum already. I should get a chance to look into my settings next weekend (shift worker). Once i do i will post them.
Thanks,
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

^^ thanks mate - will look forward to your follow up results in the near future.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bike stall/cut out after fmf install   bike stall/cut out after fmf install Empty

Back to top Go down

bike stall/cut out after fmf install
Page 1 of 1