Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Delta Exhaust question.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Delta Exhaust question. Empty
PostSubject: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:59 am

So I really like the looks of the Delta Barrel 4. My question is with that big ole Gapping hole in the end of it, what keeps the rain out of it while sitting in the yard? The stocker has a tube pointing down. Has anyone had a problem with this? Kinda worries me.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 am

A bike cover or one of the 4-stroke motocross bike muffler plugs.
It is obviously styled after the motocross racing mufflers on motocross bikes.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 am

Delta Exhaust question. Pu1861-0014

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeh I got one but what if I forgot, or was raining at work, or other possibilities. Any water in that engine and she's toast. Im really leary and afraid. hide
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Looks like all the aftermarket exhaust have this problem. Maybe I have the problem, scratch Has anyone heard feedback on the GYTR larger insert?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:36 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Yeh I got one but what if I forgot, or was raining at work, or other possibilities. Any water in that engine and she's toast. Im really leary and afraid. hide

How much rain do you think would need to fall for the exhaust pipe to fill up with water and actually allow water to enter the engine?

If the forecast calls for that much rain .... drive a car.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Had one on my bike for 6 months. Never had an issue. There is a insert in the pipe BTW. Removable and it does NOT have a spark arrestor if that is a concern for you.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Guess I was looking into it a little too much. Seems like almost all after market pipes are open ended and pointing up. Kinda getting over the fact now. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 am

Here's mine (before I painted away the yamaha blue).

My bike has sat outside in the work parking lot through more than a few heavy downpours over the years.

Never plugged the end of exhaust (except when I wash bike) and I've never had an issue.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks for the positive feed back. thumb
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 am

I've had mine parked out in decent rain a few times and no issues. Aside from the sheer torrent that would be required to fill the pipe, the header goes up in level to the engine. On startup, water would get blown out and the rest would be evaporated from the heat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delta Exhaust question.   Delta Exhaust question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Delta Exhaust question.
Page 1 of 1