Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newb question about exhaust

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

Newb question about exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Newb question about exhaust   Newb question about exhaust EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:49 pm

I want to get the fmf mega bomb exhaust kit with the programmer does the programmer come set up for the bike or would I have to tune it and does sprocket size come into play with this at all?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about exhaust   Newb question about exhaust EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Sprocket size has nothing at all to do with tuning the motor.
The fmf programmer comes with preprogramed/base line settings, they're pretty close just bump the 5th # up to 6 if the bike cuts out/bogs at cruising speeds.
I run fmf settings execpt for the 5th # its set to 6, my bike cut out while cruising then giving it some gas to speed up with fmfs recommended setting of 4 on the 5th #.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about exhaust   Newb question about exhaust EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:34 pm

KPLA, did you get that noise situation figured out?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about exhaust   Newb question about exhaust EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:16 pm

gatorfan wrote:
KPLA, did you get that noise situation figured out?
yes the chain was slapping the chain guard. all is good and well now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about exhaust   Newb question about exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Newb question about exhaust
Page 1 of 1