Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mdr

IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  Empty
PostSubject: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I have an IMS 3 gallon tank and the front shroud has a significant gap. Is this normal on all these tanks? Can someone send me a photo of theirs to confirm if the gap is as large as the one on my bike? I feel like mud when get crammed in there and be difficult to clean.

Mike.
[img]IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  Image20[/img]
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Mine fit with no problem with my 2012.

For some reason some crappy www.serving.com is getting in the way of posting a picture of mine. I will be glad to send you a picture if you send me your email. mine is f1isbes@me.com

Back to top Go down
mdr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:37 pm

The tank is upright and mounted in this pic, but I can't get the pic to righten. Shows it without my hand in the view though.

mike

[img]IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  Img_8710[/img]
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:35 pm

I have a similar gap on mine. Don't have a pic yet.
Back to top Go down
oldman65

PostSubject: IMS fit   IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Look for the small brackets that attach to the sides of the tank..Then make sure the shroud is slipped into these brackets that will get rid of the gap..
Back to top Go down
mdr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm

The clips are in the slot. I've also made sure that the rubber pad is fitted properly. Still no luck. IMS said they would get back to me today. They haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:45 am

Got the tank front and/or rear brackets on right way up? Mine fits fine where yours does not, but I have a bit of a gap under the seat. It's a Sargent, not OEM, so I probably don't have grounds to complain, and it doesn't bother me all that much in any case.
Back to top Go down
mdr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

Sturgeon, I sent you a PM. Can you take a pic of your tank for me?

Edit: in response to the brackets being correct, they are. I even sent photos of them to IMS to confirm its done correctly.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Actually, I just went out and had a look, and my left side is pretty much the same. The right is about perfect. I do remember now that I think about it that I had that issue, but at the time I just put it down to my left side panel having taken a big hit last year and one of the mount points being cracked. My front-facing panel on that side is partly held on with a zip-tie.

Maybe when I win the lottery I'll fix all that up. poser2

I see you've posted on advrider as well, and gotten a few replies there saying theirs are just like that. I wouldn't worry overly much about it.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:23 pm

mdr wrote:
Sturgeon, I sent you a PM. Can you take a pic of your tank for me?

Edit: in response to the brackets being correct, they are. I even sent photos of them to IMS to confirm its done correctly.

Not sure where your PM went, but I haven't seen it. But as I said, mine's similar, so I won't bother with the pic.
Back to top Go down
mdr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Sturgeon, thanks for checking that out for me!

I think I'll bend a kydex piece to fit it better. Being in the PNW, I'll be packing mud in there in no time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.    IMS 3 gallon fit issue.  Need comparison.  Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 gallon fit issue. Need comparison.
Page 1 of 1