Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?

Go down 
+5
DragonNester
Sar649
bigg
motokid
yngdviant
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:08 pm

A small leak in the exhaust can produce a little popping on decal.
Back to top Go down
sshabro

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Its set to 3 3 .5 8 4 4 Cant imagine I have an exhaust leak but I can look around I guess
Back to top Go down
sshabro

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 am

So reading all this stuff on the internet freaks me out as much as looking up symptoms on WEB MD. So this Friday I made a Dyno appt. with a highly rated and recommended person/business to check my lean v.s. rich ratio. Turns out I was still a bit on the lean side with the FMF programmer. Short story long, he dialed in my programmer, took off the air box door, and took out the spark arrestor and it now freaking RIPS! Seriously crazy different. It is pretty loud though, so I might put the arrestor in again. After 100 miles only a few pops on deceleration. Love this bike...just stresses me out way more than my last Roadstar on screwing up the engine.
Back to top Go down
REATOR

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Most everyone who does the typical mods (exup, AIS, and air box lid removal; full exhaust; and programmer), don't tend to do the C.O. mod (there are posts on here about how to get into C.O. mode). If you are having some issues with fine tuning the fuel mixture, set your programmer to your preference, and if you are having issues adjust the C.O. +/- for fuel. This should help with running too lean and any popping. I enjoy C.O. mode just for keeping miles off the bike and most of all, keeping an eye on RPMs. (note: gearingcommander is an excellent website and tool.) Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:05 am

I might be a noob, but what the hell is CO mode? What does it stand for? I've read posts about it, but nobody says WHAT it is...
Back to top Go down
REATOR

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 12:53 am

It is literally on the display when you enter into it. CO then it will say C1 (cylinder 1) 0 above (n1) whatever number yours is or change it to. It is a way for the fuel/air to be changed. It most likely stands for computer or cylinder/oxygen or carbon monoxide. If you enjoy tinkering or just want to try it, it doesn't take long to setup and doesn't hurt the bike. You can leave it for later use or disable the mod.

There are plenty of posts (some with pics) on how to do it. Here's one.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538181&page=3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?   wr250x popping on decel after mods bad? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250x popping on decel after mods bad?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2