Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road

Go down 
+2
N8
gburycomputers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gburycomputers

too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road Empty
PostSubject: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:46 pm

THis is a dumb question, but I am so paranoid about hurting my bike.  I found a series of dirt roads in a state park that are hard packed with dirt and rock .  It has ruts in it throughout the road from being packed in different ways from washouts.... Can I hurt the bike by going to fast over these ruts at 40 miles per hour?  The bike seems to handle it fine but I know nothing about off roading.  I know these bikes are made for off road, but am I going to hurt the suspension or anything from the really bumpy ride?
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Good luck hurting it.  I've thrashed mine a couple times in coal country, PA and it took it like a champ.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 pm

You're more likely to hurt yourself over that stuff if you happen to screw-up.  :)
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:12 am

YZEtc wrote:
You're more likely to hurt yourself over that stuff if you happen to screw-up.  :)
+1!!  If you can take it the bike can
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 am

As long as your not landing from jumps 10 feet up in the air you'll be fine.

If your really worried put some zip ties on the fork legs so you can see if its bottoming out.

Other than that just get out there and ride it hard.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm

If you hit a square edge or rock hard enough, with low tire pressure, you can get a flat tire or even dent the rim.  Ask me how I know...
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:50 pm

I did about 20 laps on a mx track with mine last weekend...
I was a little sore afterwards but the bikes fine lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road   too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road Empty

Back to top Go down

too fast on unpaved dirt rocky road
Page 1 of 1