Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?

Go down 
+2
Biglake
SLOWRIDER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SLOWRIDER

Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? Empty
PostSubject: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello,
I am looking to buy a programmer.

Is there any difference between the FMF, Dobeck and Attitude industries???

Attitude industries sells three different versions...but their web site does not have any information about them.  

I will be running it on a stock bike except for the exhaust which has had the Cat. converter and exup removed and the air intake flapper door removed.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Short answer No.

They all do the same things but the settings can be different from one to the next so you cant use fmfs settings on a attitude programmer etc. it will run but wont be ideal.

Attitude sells versions with extra features but I havent seen anything on here about them.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

http://tunewithattitude.com/EFI_controllers.php  <-- click it

The Gen 3 is basically just like the FmF pogrammer. 

You can always call Attitude and ask them questions if you have them. 

One thing you won't get from the AI programmers is a stumble due to 5th number setting being set below six. Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 pm

motokid wrote:

One thing you won't get from the AI programmers is a stumble due to 5th number setting being set below six. Very happy

Hello Motokid<
I somehow missed the comparsion on the Attitude website.
I am leaning towards the 3.2 version, i will give them a call
Thank you,
Ken
Back to top Go down
wapner

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
motokid wrote:

Hello Motokid<
I somehow missed the comparsion on the Attitude website.
I am leaning towards the 3.2 version, i will give them a call
Thank you,
Ken

I am interested in this too. Did you find out anything from Attitude on what the differences are between their versions?

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Quote :

I am interested in this too.  Did you find out anything from Attitude on what the differences are between their versions?

Did you click the link I provided? dunno 

Quote :
KEY DIFFERENCES:
THE GEN 3 CONTROLLER ADDS FUEL BY OFFSETTING THE PULSE WIDTH A GIVEN FIXED VALUE.  i.e. – you add 1 ms of pulse width  

THE GEN 3.2 CONTROLLER CAN BOTH ADD FUEL BY OFFSETTING THE PULSE WIDTH OR ADD FUEL BY CALCULATING A PERCENTAGE OF THE STOCK INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH. i.e. – you add 10% more pulse width  

THE GEN 3.5 CONTROLLER CAN ADD OR SUBTRACT FUEL BY CALCULATING A PERCENTAGE OF THE STOCK INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH. i.e. – you can subtract 10% fuel

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello Wapner,

I did call the company, unfortunatley the number for the company is a cell number and I could barley hear what the person was saying.

He did say that he thought I should go with their first generation model (I was thinking I want the one with all the bells and whistles)

Since I could only understand ever other word of the converstation i did not find out way he was recommending the entry level model.

I plan to send him and e-mail when i have the chance for a detailed explanation
Back to top Go down
Atomist

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Hello Wapner,

I did call the company, unfortunatley the number for the company is a cell number and I could barley hear what the person was saying.

He did say that he thought I should go with their first generation model (I was thinking I want the one with all the bells and whistles)

Since I could only understand ever other word of the converstation i did not find out way he was recommending the entry level model.

I plan to send him and e-mail when i have the chance for a detailed explanation

I've been researching EFI optomizers and as far as I can tell the FMF, Attitude and others are all made by Bodeck and pretty much do the same stuff. The 3.2 and up can add and reduce fuel while the 3.0 can only add. Since they work by piggy backing on the bike's ECU you don't really need to worry about reducing any fuel. Also from my reading pretty much all the units available for the WR250R are the 3.0 unit and it's the one that's recommended as well. You don't really need any of the other features anyway.
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:02 am

Anybody using an Attitude industries Gen3 on a stock bike? Im looking for some settings.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 am

crazy_dave wrote:
Anybody using an Attitude industries Gen3 on a stock bike? Im looking for some settings.
I would check out this thread here.

Start with those settings that are a closest match to what you have. then tweak a little here and there until you find something "perfect".

If I recall, setting all lights to 0.5 is basically setting the programmer to nothing and bike will run as stock ECU determines.

So if you're 100% stock, and you start with 1,1,1,5,5,5 and then adjust from there, you're by no means going to be risking anything. You'll be just a tiny bit richer than stock.

I'd be more tempted to try the numbers some of the guys using the FmF programmers are using though.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 pm

motokid wrote:
crazy_dave wrote:
I would check out this thread here.

Start with those settings that are a closest match to what you have. then tweak a little here and there until you find something "perfect".

If I recall, setting all lights to 0.5 is basically setting the programmer to nothing and bike will run as stock ECU determines.

So if you're 100% stock, and you start with  1,1,1,5,5,5 and then adjust from there, you're by no means going to be risking anything. You'll be just a tiny bit richer than stock.

I'd be more tempted to try the numbers some of the guys using the FmF programmers are using though.

Hey, welcome back. How was the vacation?

I got the programmer a day or two after you left. Thanx again.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 am

Vacation was wonderful and relaxing. Thanks.
Hope you enjoy the programmer.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?   Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are FMF, Dobeck and Attitude programmers the exact same?
Page 1 of 1