Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I guess I'll keep it

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sliprimitive

I guess I'll keep it Empty
PostSubject: I guess I'll keep it   I guess I'll keep it EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi everyone. Well I had a CRF250 that I was happy with besides the fact that I hate kickstarting it. And I wasn't looking forward to having to get it rebuilt. After one weekend where I kickstarted a hole in my boot and a bruise on my foot, I decided I needed something with electric start and more reliable. Looked all over for a cheap leftover local 2012 WRR but couldn't find one. Finally settled on a 2008 with 1300 miles.

I knew it wasn't going to be as fast as my CRF but boy was I in for a surprise. First thing I thought was WTF, I need to sell this thing. Started doing some research and purchased a Q4, FMF programmer, AC10's, 12 tooth front sprocket. Also I removed all the BS and made it mostly an off-road bike. I am much much more happier with it now. Doesn't feel much different than my CRF suspension wise. Now I got a sweet, reliable dirt bike that I can ride anywhere I want cheers 

I am now very glad I didn't buy a brand new one, since I had to put so much money into it to make it even rideable for my standards. I would be wayyy in the hole. I just broke even from selling the CRF freaky
Back to top Go down
sliprimitive

PostSubject: Re: I guess I'll keep it   I guess I'll keep it EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 pm

By the way, I'm sure most people already know, but I discovered you can loosen the bracket for your horn and flip it up behind the plastic, so its not way out in the open thumb 
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: I guess I'll keep it   I guess I'll keep it EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:57 am

sliprimitive wrote:
By the way, I'm sure most people already know, but I discovered you can loosen the bracket for your horn and flip it up behind the plastic, so its not way out in the open thumb 

I did that too lol.
I think I read about it on this site somewheres.

My modded wrr has surprised a few people while racing offroad in tight muddy conditions, the bike simply hooks up and goes, it climbs slick muddy hills better than most race bikes lol.
The only place I miss my last more powerfull bike is in sand and wide open spaces where your wfo for a bit.
Back to top Go down
sliprimitive

PostSubject: Re: I guess I'll keep it   I guess I'll keep it EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Biglake wrote:
The only place I miss my last more powerfull bike is in sand and wide open spaces where your wfo for a bit.

Well another thing about the CRF being a race bike is, while I do all trail and dirt road riding, I would constantly be topped out in 5th gear trying to keep up with everyone else while my bikes screaming because the gears are so short.

Now I can go 90 mph (According to the speedo Rolling Eyes)

But yea it was nice in the sand, just sort of floating over it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess I'll keep it   I guess I'll keep it Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess I'll keep it
Page 1 of 1