Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...

Go down 
+3
wristpin
mr-cave
iiideuces
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iiideuces

So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... Empty
PostSubject: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm

I've been quietly lurking for about a year now. Probably 8 months or so before I purchased my 08 WRX in September and then using you guys for reference and guidance as I have made my bike into what I want it to be. Thank you to everyone who has posted useful information and answered other's questions. So, hi!

I live in Georgia and am naturally looking for others who are interested in riding. I plan to do mostly overnight trips on dirt/gravel/fire roads and the like. I'm not too interested in single track, hill climbs and etc as I'm not interested in damaging me or the bike.

Here is the progression of my moto:

Day one-ish.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... RQewM

MSR bars, heated grips, Ram Mount for Garmin Etrex Vista, Saddlemen topcase.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... PdGw0

Despite my street tires I cannot resist the allure of the dirt.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... NpB0H

I've decided to go full R.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... 2V9W1

The missing link.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... 1kNXX

Hand spooned tires on new Warp 9's
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... 5WlPd

First trial run day trip.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... YukLF

My 1 up overnight kit.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... 5VvEz

The final product packed and ready.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... DOsW0

And I was called to work this weekend. So it'll wait...
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... 3L38r

Artsy stuffs.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... FwX5G

More about me: I also ride this jewel.
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... KnOTX

Last edited by iiideuces on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Nicely equipped bike there!

Love the "missing link" set of wheels. They look awesome!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Nice looking setup! All you need is a skidplate and a more comfy seat and you could ride that thing across the country.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Bonus points if you post a pic dragging a knee puck on the WR. Very happy

What model are the Kenda tyres and how do you like 'em?
Back to top Go down
iiideuces

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Challenge accepted. Next trip I do with SM wheels I will get pics. OP will deliver.

Those are Kenda 270's front and rear. Other than some road noise that would be expected of any dual sport tire, I like them a lot. Good on and off road, although I would not try to push them hard enough to drag knee. If I get good mileage I'll probably buy them as my next set too.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm torn between the great off road grip of a knobby and being able to go faster on the asphalt. I guess the whole dual sport thing can be a bit schizophrenic.

I fixed your picture for you. Very happy

So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... Aload
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Everything and the bathroom sink. Nice
Back to top Go down
iiideuces

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Just Bob wrote:
I'm torn between the great off road grip of a knobby and being able to go faster on the asphalt. I guess the whole dual sport thing can be a bit schizophrenic.

I fixed your picture for you. Very happy

So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... Aload

This schizophrenia is why I have the WR and the R1...

Your shop on my photo made me lol. This is my first dual sport so I am slowing paring down my kit. I just took my first overnight trip earlier this week. (also note that the amount of bags I am setup with is for two up trips. I can do with significantly less on my own.)

This:
So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... LI4yf
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:04 pm

I was just giving you a ribbing. Actually, the kit looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
xaman

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Great looking bike!

I'm considering some R wheels and knobbies for my X also. How do they do top speed straight run on the interstate? Got any wobble? How fast can you push them?
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 am

Good looking bike!

Did you mount that top case plate right to your fender? I have a Givi here I was thinking of mounting just for when I commute on the bike and wondered if I could mount it right to the fender.
Back to top Go down
iiideuces

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Coop wrote:
Good looking bike!

Did you mount that top case plate right to your fender? I have a Givi here I was thinking of mounting just for when I commute on the bike and wondered if I could mount it right to the fender.

When I first purchased the bike I did mount the top case baseplate directly to the fender. It worked but was not optimal by any means and it was a PITA to install. After a short time the baseplate fatigued and began to fail. Having a cargo rack and mounting the baseplate to it is much more advisable.

xaman wrote:
Great looking bike!

I'm considering some R wheels and knobbies for my X also. How do they do top speed straight run on the interstate? Got any wobble? How fast can you push them?

I got mine from warp9racing.com and they were $800 shipped. I am very pleased. They are quality wheels and they perform just as well in every aspect as the factory super moto wheels, knee dragging not withstanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...   So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself... Empty

Back to top Go down

So, I guess I am ready to introduce myself...
Page 1 of 1