Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Feeling the stoke

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
wildmotha
lancek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 am

How much fun are these bikes... as my skills develop its feeling smaller and lighter all the time, and its just such a damn pleasure to ride!

I was on the beach, on rocks, mud, salt flat - you name it I saw it today - just awesome, and yeah I fell off spectacularly - but only once - nothing broken and on we rode

So glad I made the decision to get back into bikes wings

Lots of feedback from here that made that choice a reality... time to start planning a really long journey
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 am

Glad to hear it!! thumb

I'm also starting to hone my skills. This is not my first bike, but my first dualsport, so I'm having a blast learning off road riding. The other day I got suited up and just rode into the woods. Long story short; it was three hours of fighting and falling (worn stock tires are TERRIBLE on muddy, loggy, hilly conditions). Man, I hadn't had a work out like that in a while. It was about 90 degrees out and I worked myself so hard to get out of there that I started gagging .... puke

But, I finally made it up the hill that was giving me greef by pushing, falling, lifting, walking, falling and falling, etc. So, what better way to cool down then to ride on the road....OHHHH it was heaven. I conquered that damn hill and was now in the best air conditioning I can think of....dragging boots around corners! For me it was really an accomplishment.

Everytime I get off the bike I feel more confident, accomplished, satisfied and the workout gets my endorphins flowing. This thing is almost theraputic.....ok, I'm going overboard!!

And that is why I love my WR250R......how bout you?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 am

I can only describe it as this. I get off every time I get onto it. Very happy

wildmotha

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:06 am

SheWolf wrote:

Ahh haa....that's why the ladies like to "ride" wink poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 am

I never got the same feel off my 600 sportbike like I do with this thing. Then again, I couldn't ride that 600 in mud either. I just need to get the time to ride it. budah

inspector

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:16 pm

wildmotha wrote:
Glad to hear it!! thumb

... It was about 90 degrees out and I worked myself so hard to get out of there that I started gagging .... puke

Haha, Yeah I see that. Last fall I did some double track for only the second time. It was snowing and I was sweating from working it so hard.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:15 pm

SheWolf wrote:

That's why I call it "CycleTherapy" wings

(UGH)
Back to top Go down
lancek

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Sunday - bike with me 20 meters through the mud sideways, with me attached - then me for another 10 meters... no damage but lots of laughs...

cant wait for this weekend!
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 am

lancek wrote:
Sunday - bike with me 20 meters through the mud sideways, with me attached - then me for another 10 meters... no damage but lots of laughs...

cant wait for this weekend!
There's not ment to be mud up north we get it all down here.
I took my R for a ride in Brookton after 140mm of rain with the Trail and Enduro club.
20km trail, 15km of deep ruts. Very happy Very happy wings
Back to top Go down
skierd

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 am

To quote Peter Egan, "Racing makes a heroin addiction look like a mild desire for something salty." I've found riding has much the same effect.
Back to top Go down
lancek

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:30 am

We have huge salt flats and tidal flats up here - and running over the crust you can at times break through to uncover 40,000 yr old fish poo which is nearly the slipperiest and smelliest thing on this planet - not something you want to fall in GAHHHH

I look forward to getting back down to the south west where mud was mud and when it rained it wasnt holding a cyclone hand in hand...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeling the stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling the stoke   Feeling the stoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling the stoke
Page 1 of 1