Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Feeling flat on top.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

Feeling flat on top. Empty
PostSubject: Feeling flat on top.   Feeling flat on top. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 am

I'm not sure why but these last few days shees been feelin strong in midrange but flat on top. Also slight miss at idle until warm. I've seen the dyno charts from others and it looks line theres a nice plateau up top but mine feels faster if I shift a good bit before redline. Perhaps 0.5 on top with the fmf programmer isn't enough for pc4 and no airbox door? About sea level, hot and humid. I'm a little apprehensive about changing though since I know butt dyno is worthless and the only dyno sensor data I've seen showed pipe and open air box being perfect at 0.5. :( unless there's a lot of dif between quietcore and powercore.

I also really wish there were cams available to get it closer to being 1/4 of a. R1 (assuming the heads flow enough) . When I was first getting the hang of street riding it felt good but now cars are messing with me and it feels anemic :( would it be legal to cut out the frame section with the vin and weld it into my kx500 frame? lol
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Feeling flat on top.   Feeling flat on top. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 am

Could it be the hot and humid weather conditions?
How's your air filter looking?

Experimenting with the FMF settings only takes a few pushes of the buttons, and can be done in seconds.
In fact, removing the side panel to get to the buttons (assuming you mounted it where the instructions show) will take as much time as pushing the buttons.
If you don't feel good after making changes, just put it back to where it was.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Feeling flat on top.   Feeling flat on top. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm testing 1.5 at the moment. Still begs for a shift a long ways before redline. I really can't tell a difference though if nothing else maybe it will help with cooling. Its godawful hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling flat on top.   Feeling flat on top. Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling flat on top.
Page 1 of 1