Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

R2 runs great at Elevation.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trailrider77

trailrider77

R2 runs great at Elevation. Empty
PostSubject: R2 runs great at Elevation.   R2 runs great at Elevation. EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 am

Well after a year off from a broken leg I'm back in action. I picked up a 2nd 08 WR250R for my son. We just got back from dual sporting in BigBend, Fort Davis, and CloudCroft. I have to report that the trusty RR's performed great at elevation. Just select the right gear and the 250's will chug up anything and crawl over rocks at elevation. Rode the desert south of the Chisos Mountains and blasted around on desert roads w/ ease. Did some fun slabbing on the "scenic loop" in the Davis Mountains. Then rode the knarly T105 Rim trail in CloudCroft (9k+ elevation) + several other nasty trails (going up and down crazy rock ridden trails). Did some fun twisties down to Timberon (8-9k+) elevation. The RR was just flawless. Gotta love the EFI. Let it idle for a few minutes to reprogram itself for elevationand your off and running. Gotta love riding in the 50's (am) and 70's (pm) in CC. Considering a long weekend in October to the Ozarks and then back to BigBend next Feb 2014.
Back to top Go down
ttmike99

PostSubject: ditto   R2 runs great at Elevation. EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 am

I just got back into Eagle Nest, NM from sw colorado. Made a trip from Ouray to Telluride over 13000 ft Imogene Pass. Bike performed flawlessly. Really happy with my 09. Totally stock with some lowering and tubliss system.
Back to top Go down
trailrider77

trailrider77

PostSubject: Re: R2 runs great at Elevation.   R2 runs great at Elevation. EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:09 pm

The other thing we noticed was the R2's really sipped fuel at elevation. Very economical.

Gotta say back at 700 ft elevation in Austin, TX on how quick the stock R2's felt. Plenty of power everywhere.

At elevation I will say they gave up some power (like most bikes will). Just had to run it at a lower gear to keep forward motion. When it got super nasty just dropped it into 1st and it would climb over some really nasty stuff w/ no clutch slipping.

I will say when the speeds picked up the stock suspension started showing it's limitations. Especially when jumping the erosion control dirt mounds. Time to start considering Go-Racing suspension upgrades in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R2 runs great at Elevation.   R2 runs great at Elevation. Empty

Back to top Go down

R2 runs great at Elevation.
Page 1 of 1