Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dirtjunkie

Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE. Empty
PostSubject: Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.   Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:46 pm

So, I had to hunt how to wire in these Tusk D Flex hand guards with LED turn signals.  Thought I'd post this to help those doing this in the future.

I spliced the wires and added the turn signals using this method to splice (no solder).  I chose to splice behind the number plate.  I just removed the number plate/head light assembly and released the tie down with a small pick and unfolded the wires.  Put it all back when I was done.

When splicing in, you need to cut/splice the:
BROWN wire for the front LEFT signal
GREEN wire on the front RIGHT signal  
BLACK is the ground wire on both sides

If/when you trace the wires behind the number plate:
The FRONT LEFT has the GRAY connector/harness
The FRONT RIGHT has the BLACK connector/harness
If you disconnect and remove the signal assembly, this is handy info to have.

It all hooked up great!  The LED's don't interfere with the stock signal/blinking or brightness.  The LED's are bright.  

I'm pleased with this mod.  dutch
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.   Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Nice write up, whats your opinion on the tusk blinkers? They don't seem as popular as the Zetas, but I am not sure why?
Back to top Go down
dirtjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.   Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE. EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:19 am

I've never heard of Zetas.

The Tusk guards are aluminum reinforced and I've put them on several bikes. Easy to mount. These are the first ones with blinkers I've bought. They seem fine to me. I suppose like anything, someone will likely have a strong opinion to share.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.   Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE. Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra Front Turn Signals How to and WHICH WIRES TO SPLICE.
Page 1 of 1