Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Both feet on the ground?

Go down 
+5
motokid
gatorfan
beee
Wallrat
sophijo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nanabijou

Nanabijou

Both feet on the ground? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both feet on the ground?   Both feet on the ground? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am

Wallrat wrote:
It's good for about 3/4" shorter and its considerably more comfy than the stock seat.  All told I figure I removed 1" from the stock suspension adjustment, 1" from the Yamalink, and 3/4" from the seat.  Its way too low for me but since it's my dad's bike and he has a 28" inseam he's pretty happy with it.
I plan to get the version that's a bit more slippery too.  I have also completed the lowering mod, and also have the Yamalink installed.  I had a Corbin that lowered the seat by about 1".  The Corbin was also wider than the stock seat - but it had virtually no cushion (or at least felt like it had none) and for me - felt about as comfortable over long distances as a 2x10 slab of lumber or a park bench.  I replaced it with the stock seat - and have found it to be (ironically) more comfortable for longer distance - though still not ideal.  From what I've read - the Seat Concepts seat is a better compromise between comfort and height (with the lower version).

Mike
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

Both feet on the ground? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Both feet on the ground?   Both feet on the ground? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 pm

motokid wrote:
At 6'3" tall and 220 pounds I struggle to believe you can't have both feet firmly flat-footed on ground on a wr250.
I wasn't going to chime in on this thread, but motokid's statement just keeps resonating with me.  At 6'3" 220lb there should be no issue fitting on the WR.  The seat height of a properly adjusted (i.e. proper rider sag) stock WR is around 32.5-33".

For reference I am 6'4" 220lb with a 34" inseam, and readily flat foot my WR250R having about 2" bend at the knee.   I realize everyone is built differently but most people our size can easily flat foot this bike, especially with proper riding boots on.
Back to top Go down

Both feet on the ground?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2