Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

X to R conversion question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

X to R conversion question Empty
PostSubject: X to R conversion question   X to R conversion question EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:50 am

The WR/X has gone under the knife again and emerged with a renewed top end (Thumper Racing 280) and a set of dirt wheels. Really looking forward to hitting some trails.

The question that I have for people who have gone the X to R route has to do with the side stand. Seems like the X side stand will be too short. Did you have to replace yours? Is there an extension available?
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: X to R conversion question   X to R conversion question EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm

It is to short, but you can get away with it on firm ground. On the trail, I usually can find something to prop under it if need be, though it is a pain.
I was going to build a clamp on extension like the "camel toe" but I just haven't gotten around to it. There is a company (don't remember the name) who will weld a threaded rod into your stand so that you can change the length to fine tune it or switch back and forth between wheels.

http://www.adventureparts.co.uk/epages/d49uaaq6tkqv.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/d49uaaq6tkqv/Categories/Company
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: X to R conversion question   X to R conversion question EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:04 pm

I ended up buying a new OEM side stand from Babbits. There was a used one on eBay, but the new one was actually cheaper, so I went with that.
Back to top Go down
zekester63

zekester63

PostSubject: Re: X to R conversion question   X to R conversion question EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Just my .02....  I switch back and forth between X and R (with D606s) "mode" regularly, and haven't really had any issues to speak of.  When fully loaded with gear, I have occasionally looked for a rock or something to prop underneath the side stand, but that hasn't happened much.  But since I switch back & forth, I don't want a longer one while in X mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X to R conversion question   X to R conversion question Empty

Back to top Go down

X to R conversion question
Page 1 of 1